Finally

Half an hour passed, and Han stood in front of Joe's closed bedroom door. His heart racing and his stomach churning. "I can do this," he murmured to himself. "I just have to go in there and tell him how I feel. It's not that hard. Just quit being a damn chicken and do it, YoHan."

While he gave himself a pep-talk, Joe's door opened, and the man himself stood, watching the smaller man talk to himself, with an amused smile. "And what exactly are you being a chicken about?" Joe asked, making Han startle and nearly fall backwards. Joe reached out and caught him, helping him to steady himself before gesturing for Han to follow him into his room. The smaller man blushed and scurried past him into the room. Joe's brow furrowed as he closed the door behind him. "Han? You're blushing. You never blush. What's got you so worked up?"

"I... Well... I've missed you this last month, and... And I've had a lot of time to think about... things, and..." Han looked everywhere but at Joe as he wrung his hands in front of himself and chewed his bottom lip, prompting Joe to step forward and catch his chin in his thumb and forefinger.

"YoHan," Joe said, his voice soft, but stern. "Look at me. What's got you so worked up? You're never like this." Han took a deep breath, and met Joe's eyes, only to have the breath leave him. They were close. Very, very close. Joe's nose wasn't even an inch from his, and his dark brown eyes were catching the evening light from the sun in just the right way that it turned them into polished tiger's eye. Han took in a shuddering breath, and let his body do the talking for him as he leaned in and closed the gap between them.

Han's lips met Joe's in a soft, featherlight kiss that Joe responded to without even the slightest bit of thought. He breathed in the warm, spicey scent of Han, and relished the feeling of finally getting what he had wanted for years. When they pulled apart, Joe looked down at Han in mild shock as he realized what he was trying to tell him. Years ago, when they had started all of this, Joe had made Han promise him one thing. That he wouldn't ever kiss him unless he was willing to take things further than just friends with benefits, and for five years, Han had kept that promise. And now, staring down into those beautiful tourmaline eyes, Joe couldn't help but smile wider than he ever had in his life.

"You mean it?" he asked, knowing Han would know what he meant. Han smiled shyly up at him and nodded.

"Yeah," he rumbled. "Yeah. I do. I still want to find a girl, but I'm through putting everything else on hold. I love you, Joe, and I'm tired of not being with you the way I really want to be. I'm willing to take that step if you are." Joe didn't answer. Instead, he pulled Han back to him and connected their lips again. This time, he let one hand cup Han's face, while the other wound around his back. Their lips moved together in a soft, slow rhythm as their hands gently caressed each other's faces.

"I love you too," Joe whispered against his lips as they pulled apart. "I've loved you for years."

"I know," Han said. "I have too. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to admit it."

"It's okay." Joe pulled him closer, kissed his forehead, and murmured, "I'm just happy you finally did."

The two of them moved to the sofa in Joe's room and curled up on it. Content to just hold each other for a while and revel in what had just happened. After about an hour of quiet breathing and soft kisses and touches, Joe looked at the clock and gasped. "Crap, baby, I gotta go. I'll be back though, okay?"

"Where do you need to go?" Han asked, his brow furrowed, and his lips set in a slight pout that made Joe chuckle.

"It's a surprise. But you'll like it okay?" Han raised a skeptical brow at him but nodded, and Joe got to his feet. He gave Han one last, sweet kiss and said, "I love you."