Happy New Year

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

KiRin had been trying to figure out how to break the news to Jay, Jude, and Luna for a week, but there never seemed to be a good time to do it. Like earlier that day. She had been about to say something when Jay had gotten a phone call from the band they had hired for the night to iron out some final details for the party. It was going to be a massive 1920s themed affair with swing dancing and 1920's style dress. Jude's mother had offered to come say with Andrew for the evening so that the four of them didn't need to worry, and Sora was finally coming to meet MinHo and Levi. With everything going on, though, all the planning and the prepping, and the cleaning, KiRin hadn't been able to tell her partners her news, and it was eating at her.

She was sitting in the library, taking a rest and trying to figure out what to do, when a familiar head of dark hair with white streaks peaked around the corner. "Rinnie," Yumi said slowly. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure," KiRin said through a sigh. "What's up."

"Well," Yumi chewed her lip and came in to sit next to her sister on the sofa. "See, I found something while I was taking out the trash in the bathroom at the apartment today, and I don't know who to talk to about it." KiRin's heart nearly stopped. Yumi had found the tests. There was no possible way she could know they were hers, though, so who did she think was pregnant?

"What did you find?" KiRin asked, barely succeeding in keeping the panic from her voice.

"I found pregnancy tests. Three of them, and they all said positive," Yumi said in a near whisper. "Rinnie, who do you think is pregnant? It couldn't be Hanna or Sora, and it isn't me, so do you think it's Roxy? Or maybe Luna?" Yumi's eyes went wide, "You don't think it could be Luna, do you?"

"I'm positive it's not Luna," KiRin said. Then, she took a deep breath, steeling her nerves before she continued, "or Roxy, for that matter."

"Well then who is..." Yumi trailed off at the look her sister gave her and gasped. "Rinnie, you're not..." KiRin bit her lip and nodded and covered her ears when Yumi suddenly squealed.

"Yumi," she snapped.

"Sorry," Yumi said, pulling her into a gentle hug. "I'm sorry. I just got excited. You're really pregnant?"

"Unless three test somehow gave me false positives at the same exact time, yeah."

"Oh my god that's... Wait... Is that good or bad?"

"It's good..." KiRin bit her lip and furrowed her brow, "I think. I don't know. I haven't told them yet."

"You haven't?"

"No," KiRin whined. Her head fell backwards onto the back of the sofa, and she groaned. "I keep trying, but we get interrupted every time, and I want to tell them all together."

They were quiet for a while, both deep in thought until Yumi said, "Well, what if you tell them at midnight tonight? That way you're all together and celebrating anyway, and it'll make it super special."

"I guess that would work," KiRin's head lolled to the side so that she looked at her sister, with one brow quirked. "But it's kind of public, isn't it?"

"Only if you yell it," Yumi said with a shrug. "Everyone's going to be preoccupied with the smoochy smooching."

"I guess you're right." KiRin worried her lip for a moment, then took a deep breath and nodded. "Alright. I'll do it at midnight."

"Oh," Yumi did a little wiggle and pulled her sister into a hug. "This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you, Sissy!" KiRin couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of her at her sister's excitement and hugged her back.