Merry Christmas

December 25, 2019

KiRin sat in the bathroom of her old room staring at a packet of pills. A completely full packet of pills. A packet of pills that was marked for November. She had forgotten her birth control pills for almost two full months. She'd had one of her horrific periods in November, but had attributed it to having had sex too close to her cycle, which she had, and when she thought about that, a realization hit her. She had had unprotected sex with not only Jay, but Jude. All month long. Her fertile window would have been right as they had gotten together, and they had had sex at least three times before Luna came into the relationship. They had both finished inside her.

"Oh, I'm so fucked," she muttered to herself. "I am so very, very fucked."

"Well duh," she thought. "That's kind of what got you into this mess. Getting fucked." She smacked herself on the forehead for the thought and continued her chanting of "I'm fucked," over and over until a knock on the bathroom door made her look up.

"Rinnie?" Hanna said. "Rinnie are you in there?"

"Yeah," she said, cursing herself when her voice cracked. Hanna came walking in, looking concerned, and spotted the packet in KiRin's hands before she could put it away.

"What's that?"

"Birth control," KiRin said. She knew she wouldn't be able to lie to Hanna, so she handed her the packet.

"You forgot to take it last month?" Hanna asked. KiRin nodded and pulled out the packet marked for December.

"And this month." Hanna's eyes went wide.

"You've been using condoms though, right?" KiRin shook her head. "Oh no."

"My thoughts exactly, only with more cussing."

"You haven't had any symptoms though, have you?" KiRin nodded.

"I missed my period. It should have started on the eleventh and I didn't even think about it until today. That's why I came down here. I've also been tired, nauseous, bloated, and irritable."

"Oh no."

"Yup."

"Who do you think the dad is?"

"I don't know."

"Well, who did you have sex with?"

"Both of them."

"Who came inside?"

"Both of them. Every. Single. Time."

"Oh Rinnie." Hanna sat down on the edge of the tub next to her and pulled her into a hug. "It'll be okay. You guys already have a little one, so it won't be too much of a difference, right?"

"I guess."

"Do you..." Hanna's voice dropped to a near whisper, "Do not want it?"

"What?" KiRin's head snapped up. "Of course I want it. We've talked about having more kids, and I was excited to start trying, but I was thinking more in like a year when we've settled into the relationship. This isn't what I planned, but I still want it."

"Okay." Hanna held up her hands. "I was just checking. You don't have to want it. It's okay if you don't."

"I know," KiRin said through a sigh. "I'm sorry I snapped. I didn't mean to."

"It's okay," Hanna pulled her into another hug. "I know it was just the hormones talking. There isn't much that we can do about it today though. So, let's try to put it out of our heads for now and just enjoy the day. Then, tomorrow, we can go to the apartment for clothes and stuff, and you can take some tests. Okay?"