02|| DANCED WITH THE DEVIL

"I would have stayed on my knees, and I damn sure never would have danced with the devil, at nineteen. and the gods honest truth was that the pain was heaved. And now that I'm grown, I'm scared of ghosts, memories feel like weapons." 

-Taylor Swift

SONG OF THE CHAPTER|| Would've, could've, should've by Taylor Swift

(Lets just pretend this is my IOC and not steve harrington- lol)

"DISTRICT FOUR" Haymitch stated, clicking a button that switched the screen to a picture of someone.

"Finnick Odair, Right?" Katniss asked.

"Yes. He won his games at fourteen, youngest ever, extremely humble." Haymitch started.

"Your kidding?" Katniss said.

"Yes, I'm kidding, He's a peacock, total preener. But he's the capitol darling, they love him here. charming, smart, and very skilled in combat, especially in water.""What about weaknesses?" Peeta spoke up.

"One. Ataraxia Blake. The two have been joined at the hip since she won at sixteen. Ataraxia won her games by beating the last two tributes to death with a baseball bat that she stuck nails into. Her friend, Willow Rayne, stabbed her in the back and she came home unrecognizable. Even her family couldn't tell it was her. Ataraxia's gone a bit.. mental.. since her games. If Finnicks trying to protect her in any way, it makes him vulnerable." Haymitch said.

"Come on, a guy like him has gotta know that she's not gonna make it." Katniss replied, staring at the clips of Ataraxia playing, judging her every move.

"I wouldn't count her out just yet. But if she does go, I hope she goes quickly. She's actually a pretty sweet young lady. Either way, I'd let the other tributes get to her first, if you fuck with her, your fucking with fire. And when you fuck with fire, you often get burned. Also Finnick would gut you like a fish. Oh, by the way, I want you guys to ally with them." Haymitch switched the screen to the tributes from district five and talked about them for a moment while Katniss was thinking about Finnick and Ataraxia.

Suddenly something caught her attention when Haymitch went to the tributes from district six. "That's Caroline Taves" Peeta stated, and Katniss looked at him.

"Yeah, She won her games by drinking the blood of her victims. Her arena was a wasteland. No water. Anywhere. So that was her last resort. Ally with her too."

"Wha- You can't just tell us who we have to ally with" Katniss stated simply.

"No, but I can tell you who you would have a best bet of winning with."

"No. I won't do it. Not with Finnick or Caroline, or Ataraxia."

Haymitch rolled his eyes.

"Sweetheart. If your gonna win, you need ally's."