05|| THE LUCKY ONES

CHAPTER FIVE|| THE LUCKY ONES. 

"Another name goes up in lights you wonder if you'll make it out alive.."

"WELCOME TO THE 75TH HUNGER GAMES, and may the odds be ever in your favor

"WELCOME TO THE 75TH HUNGER GAMES, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Ataraxia dives off the platform immediately after the canon. She's lived in district four her entire life, so she had the advantage of being able to swim fairly well. Within fifteen seconds of the water gracing her skin, its gone, and she's hoisting herself up onto the slippery surface of black rock.

"Fuck" She mutters, and another tribute tries to pull her into the water. She jumps over their hand, not so gracefully, and almost falls into the water herself. Ataraxia runs as fast as her feet will carry her in order to make it to the cornucopia. She's already spotted a trident, she was going to take it for Finnick., but she needed to find something for herself to use.

Ataraxia made it to the mouth of cornucopia and took hold of the trident, her eyes then darted around, the tribute from district nine came running out of nowhere and Ataraxia's eyes widened immediately as she shoved the weapon into his stomach.

boom.

She pulled it out and her eyes darted around the area until she spotted a set of Throwing knives, which the tribute from eleven was holding. "This motherfucker." She mumbled and threw the trident at her head.

boom.

As expected, it hit the target perfectly, Ataraxia swiped the belt of knives and looked around frantically for Finnick. She finally saw him talking to Katniss, she had her bow aimed at him.

"Finnick!" Ataraxia yelled and threw him the trident. As expected, Finnick caught it. The thing that had not been expected, was the arrow that then flew past Ataraxia's left arm, leaving a huge cut.

"Katniss what the hell?" Finnick yelled.

Ataraxia was silent for a moment, examining the wound that the brunette had given her. "First, Ow." She stated, twirling a dagger between her fingers. "And Second, Last I checked, we're allies, So I wouldn't be shooting shit if I where you." Ataraxia added as she finally took her place next to Finnick.

"What do you mean we're allies?" Katniss asked. "You tried to kill me."

"Yeah, well, Clearly Haymitch was willing to overlook that, so..." Ataraxia held up golden bracelet that Haymitch had given her. It matched Finnick's.

Katniss rolled her eyes. "I fucking hate you Haymitch" She muttered.

"Duck." Finnick said simply and raised his trident, Katniss did as she was told, and lowered herself to the ground, shielding her head with her arms, as Finnick threw his trident straight into another tribute's chest, they coughed out blood before falling to the floor.