4. He kept his promise

Megumi's pov:
I was in sukuna's office, revising for my upcoming exams, I have already completed the entire syllabus twice, I don't need to revise it all again but revision never hurts. Sukuna's office was pretty spacious! It had one desk for office work and other desk was placed by the window.

The window was not that big, but the view outside was magnificent. The clouds looked so fluffy and the sky had a navy blue colour. And the way the clouds had a slow yet constant movement made me amazed. One of the things I love the most is just blankly staring at the sky in the day time, and then the stars and moon at the night.

Sukuna is pretty scary, but he's friendly with me. I want to be independent and he's actually letting me be independent. He's not like Toji, he doesn't hold me back from my rights, but then again! These are my rights, I should have them either way. But stupid old Toji, fixed my marriage with him, just for few bucks, I swear-

Third Person Pov:
Knock knock. "What are you doing megumi? Studying. I see."
Megumi heard a familiar voice. He'd recognise that voice anywhere. What the fuck?! Why was he here!?! Megumi heard the door to his room close, he knew what was coming.

"What do you want. You've already given me away." Megumi said as he looked down.
"Mh, I wanted to see you. So I came." Toji smirked.
"... you just came here to abuse me again." Megumi mumbled but it was inaudible for toji.
"Huh?! Speak up you slut." Toji said in anger.
"How did you even get in the house!?" Megumi bursted.
"Oh, that servant let me in. And I'm sure sukuna wouldn't mind that his father in law came." Toji scoffed and moved closer to megumi.
"Please no.. dad! Please!!" Megumi begged as he tried to move away from toji, as far as he could. But no matter, Toji kept getting close to him as megumi begged.

Uraume quietly observed whatever was going on and made a call to sukuna.
"Sukuna sama." Uraume said to sukuna on the phone.
"Yeah? What is it?" Sukuna asked.
"Please come home this instant. Your father in law is here and he's trying to hurt your lover." Uraume stated.
"What!? I'm coming home this instant!"
"Sukuna sama!-" sukuna cut the call.

"No dad please!" Megumi managed to create distance between him and his father but Toji had patience no more, he grabbed megumi by his wrist and pressed his face against the floor. Megumi was an uncontrollable sobbing mess.

"sukuna... you said you wouldn't let anyone touch me..." megumi whispered as he bawled.
"Huh? He said that?-" Toji was cut off when a the door flew open. It was sukuna.
"Megumi! Megumi! Oh my!" Sukunas expression was one to see. He looked like he had lost everything. Sukuna pushed toji off of megumi and placed megumi on his lap.

"Hey hey, honey, darling, sugar, megs, I'm here, I'm here." Sukuna said, an attempt to comfort his love. Megumi laid his head on sukuna's shoulders, as sukunas hands ran through megumis hair.

"Why did you do this, toji?" Sukuna asked furiously.
"My son. I can do whatever I want." Toji stated.
"Leave my fucking house, you're not welcome here." Sukuna declared.
"Such a way to treat your father in law." Toji scoffed.
"Leave." sukuna said in a dangerously low voice.
"Megumi look at me." Toji said to megumi.
"I said leave. Now." Sukuna said, and with that toji threw the both a nasty glare and left.

Sukuna held megumi tightly in his arms and megumi embraced the warmth.

"Baby, your cheek, it's swollen." Sukuna said,
"Mhh." Megumi hummed as he still had his head on sukunas shoulders.
"Baby, I'm sorry."
"Don't be.. it isn't your fault, infact, if I was at home right now, I would have gotten a worse beating with noone to save me."
"But I said I wouldn't let anyone touch you."
"You saved me before the damage was done sukuna." Megumi said as he held on to sukuna tightly.

He felt safe when he was with his sukuna. He knew that he could rely on sukuna for now, until sukuna wanted megumi. But little did megumi know, sukuna would never lose feelings for his megumi.

"Lets go clean up honey." Sukuna suggested.
"No."
"Why not?"
"Hugs."
Sukuna chuckled at that. "I've took today off, we have plenty of time to cuddle."
"Mhh, one more minute." Megumi requested.
"Alright, I guess five more minutes it is~" sukuna smiled and said.
"Yay!"
"How do you manage to look good with a swollen cheek?"
"Stop lying.." megumi blushed.
"No really, you look breathtaking."
"Lair."
"Awh come on! As if I'd ever lie to you!" Sukuna whined.
"Pfftt!" Megumi chuckled.

Soon they both got up and treated megumis cheek and had lunch. They went for a stroll to a nearby park and got to know more about eachother.

"So you like to gaze at the clouds and the starry night sky?" Sukuna asked, amused.
"Mhm, its my favourite thing." Megumi smiled.
"That seems fun."
"What about you? Do you have anything that you like in nature?" Megumi asked, looking up at sukuna as they were both strolling in the park.
"Well, my liking is more up to animals in the wild." Sukuna answered.
"Whats your favourite animal?" Megumi asked as their fingers accidentally brushed.
"I like tigers the best." Sukuna admitted and intertwined his and megumis fingers together.
"Tigers.. you kind of are like the tiger! With those tattoos on your face! They're just like the stripes of a tiger." Megumi exclaimed.

They playfully chatted and then went to the swings. They both looked at the setting sun, while they smiled. Gosh, megumi looked so beautiful in sukuna's crimson eyes. Sukuna kept his promise and didn't let anyone else touch what was his. He prevented the damage and learning from this, he'd prevent any damage on megumi from now on.

"I love how you carry the meaning of your name anywhere you go." Sukuna said affectionately.
"Huh?" Megumi questioned as he tilted his head.
"You truly are a blessing in mine and everyone else's life." Sukuna admitted and gave megumi a red rose without any thorns and megumi accepted the rose and smiled. Sukuna kept his promise and didn't let anyone hurt his one and only.