If There's Nothing More For Me, I Want To Be Here.

- Tommy never wanted to hurt his friends.. but he couldn't stop himself from doing it? Why should he be at fault? -

Tommy never understood his work. He was always doing something new and it tired him out. So much that at some point.. he blacked out. 

He woke up in the back of the ambulance with one of his co-workers beside him. Ponk. Sam's boyfriend. They were like father figures towards Tommy, but they didn't talk that much anymore.

Tommy quickly sat up and looked around. There were around 4 people in the ambulance. 3 paramedics and his co-worker. The paramedics noticed Tommy and quickly but gently made him lay back down. Tommy was panicking. He had enough money to live, but he still wanted to look at his paycheck and not be disappointed. He couldn't just miss out on work! Who would help Karl?

"Why am I here?" Tommy quickly asked when he found his voice. Ponk looked around and sighed. "You blacked out during work hours and stopped breathing for a while. They-" Ponk motioned to the paramedics that were looking over a few files of which Tommy assumed were information on him, "recommend that you stay away from work for a while. I think you should too." 

What? That's the one thing that Tommy wanted to avoid, but the world seems to be against him. He looked around him one more time and noticed through the windows that he was at the hospital. He groaned and leaned his head back. The last thing Tommy wanted to do right now, was pay some overpriced hospital bills. 

"You should've just let me rest." Ponk's face immediately formed into something mixed with disappointment and surprise. "You're joking right? You could've died!" 

Wow. That's one way of being dramatic. There was nothing wrong with Tommy wanting to save some money instead of spending it on something he doesn't need. It's like buying baby clothes without a baby to buy it for! You get the point, right? 

Anyways, Tommy groaned again when the paramedics started pulling Tommy out of the ambulance and bringing him into the hospital. 

When Tommy took one step into the hospital, he immediately felt guilty. He was getting an entire check up on something small, while his friend - who got shot a while back - is suffering in a dank room with barely any proper treatment. It didn't feel right and Tommy hated himself for it. Why should he get proper treatment while his friend can't?

Tommy was brought back to reality when he heard a random voice call his name. He looked up and noticed a doctor staring at him. He tilted his head and the doctor cleared their throat.

"Sorry that it took so long,  but do you have any family that you would like us to contact? Maybe friends?" Tommy thought for a while. He didn't really have any family left. His biological family either died or left Tommy, so he didn't really know who else he could call. 

"No," was all that he said. "Are you sure?" Tommy nodded once and the doctor sighed before leaving. Tommy looked around and noticed he was in one of the hospital rooms. It was cold and empty, but Tommy knew he would have to deal with it. For a little while at least.

 ----

It's been two days since Tommy's been in the hospital and his friends, Sam and Ponk, have been visiting everyday. They brought him his phone and Tommy laughed at all the messages from his friends. 

He opened his and Deo's chat and his eyes widened at all the messages he received. 

Hey?? where tf are you? why havent u gone to work or ur house?
Friday 12:32