Through The Desert

After the appearance of Ace, the crew made their way to the going merry. 

Nami: Luffy, Rimuru, who was that guy?

Vivi: Do you two know him from somewhere?

Luffy: Yeah!

Rimuru: he's our big brother

Everyone: BROTHER!!?

As they were running an explosion of fire and smoke caught their attention. 

Chopper: What's going on back there?

Usopp: It looks like a fight between smoke and fire

Sanji: So that's the power of the Flame-Flame fruit, huh?

Nami: speaking of devil fruits. Luffy, is it true? Is that guy really your brother?

Luffy: Yup! His name is Ace

Zoro: Well, I'm not surprised that you two have an older brother. But what's he doing here in the grand line?

Luffy: Ace is a pirate two just like us

Rimuru: he left three years before we did. And we're competing to see which of us will get the one piece first

Rimuru noticed that the flames and smoke were dying down, so she stored their supplies in her stomach.

Rimuru: it looks like the fight is ending soon. We should get going

Sanji: Sure, dear Rimuru~♡

Meanwhile, after the battle between Ace and Smoker, many of the marine soldiers were down. 

As the flames died down, Smoker realized that Ace had already left and looked around.

Smoker: A fight between flame and smoke is ultimately pointless. Where are "Straw Hat", "Tempest" and the rest of their crew?

Tashigi: we don't know, sir. We've lost sight of them

Smoker stared off into the sky, pondering about something. 

Tashigi: is there something wrong Captain?

Smoker: just before "Fire Fist" Ace showed up I saw Vivi with the strawhats

Tashigi: *shocked* VIVI!? As in princess Vivi Nefertari!? What would she be doing with the straw hat pirates!? Was she their hostage? Did they abduct her so her father could pay ransom?

Smoker: doubt it. She wasn't acting like a kidnapped victim, more like part of the crew

Rimuru's words suddenly echoed in Smoker's mind, followed by the tapped call between Sanji and Crocodile. 

Smoker: something strange is happening. I just wish I knew what it was 

A soldier suddenly approached Smoker and Tashigi.