A Request

Dear fellow readers (and writers!),

Like many of you, I was an enthusiastic reader of 'Elements of Fire' by Nimarna. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I departed from the platform while her story was in full swing. To my utter shock, I had come back months later, not to a near complete story, but to the heart-rending discovery of having lost her.

The loss was so great and so raw that I had made up my mind to not come back at all. But there was something about the Mahabharat story that drew me back. I delved into new works, engaged in conversations, forged new friendships, though life once again intervened. Yet, the unfinished tale of 'Elements of Fire' lingered persistently in my thoughts.

However, lately it has taken a centre-stage. The profound conversations I shared with Nimarna continue to echo in my mind. I have been mulling about it for sometime but now the thoughts just won't leave me. There is so much of which remains unfinished and unresolved. We almost jotted down the outline of the entire story in our DMs, the only thing remaining was for her enchanting narrative touch to bring it to life.

My friend Nimarna was a word-weaver, her skill with the pen in league with the celestials, beyond the reach of mere mortals. Her skill extended beyond weaving intricate tapestries of words that painted vivid imagery of the scenes. It encompassed the beautiful expression of deep emotions that could be felt through the writing. She lived her characters and through her work gave us a chance to glimpse not just their lives but also her rich, inner-world.

Attempting to write for the first time on this platform, continuing the much famous work of a beloved author like her, seems almost like a suicidal venture. Those are shoes that perhaps can never be filled. Fortunately, this is not an attempt to compete. This is merely an endeavour to pay tribute to the late-night conversations me and Nimarna shared, to pay homage to the vision of the story that she wanted to share with us and to finish what she had started.

However, this endeavour holds no significance if it causes distress to those dear to her or for whom she was dear. So if there is anyone who has any objection with the story being continued kindly let me know, whether here or on my profile or through a message.The story on her profile will remain untouched; I'll continue it separately. Nevertheless, if readers believe that Nimarna's iconic work must remain untouched, for fear that meddling might ruin its sublimity and that it's not wise to trade perfection for the sake of completion, then please let me know and I shall drop the idea.

Conversely, if readers, friends, and family support this initiative, I assure you I'll try my hardest to make it worthwhile. I cannot promise it will precisely match her vision, but I'll strive to stay true to it. By sharing this, I hope to bring a sense of closure to your minds and perhaps collectively find peace. On that note, if there are people with whom Nimarna chatted and discussed plot ideas for 'Elements of Fire', I'd be grateful if you could share those with me, allowing me to honor her vision.

I'll wait for a week before posting the first chapter. If anyone has objections, kindly express them within this time frame.

Looking forward to hearing your views.

luvbuks22

(PS: Any new members checking out this page, be sure to go to https://www.wattpad.com/story/205998187-elements-of-fire, to go the story, 'Elements of fire', that is being talked about here, so that you can get the context. I have included the link in this page)