Chapter 89. Swa-dharma

Hey Nim,

Thank you!

.

.

.

Dear Readers,

I am grateful to you all for your patience and for being a part of this journey!

A special shout out to the wonderful Shivangi, whose delightful conversation sparked inspiration for a charming scene that I've included. I hope it brings a smile to your face, Shivangi! ✨

Gentle warning: This chapter contains a few sensitive themes. Reader discretion is advised.

Most importantly, any new readers, please go through 'Elements of Fire' the amazing story, this work is a continuation of.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/205998187-elements-of-fire

Happy Reading!

The Maharaj of Anga emerged from the depths of the alchemy section, his presence casting a shadow upon the empty corridors that seemed to echo with the phantom whispers of spectral entities

The Maharaj of Anga emerged from the depths of the alchemy section, his presence casting a shadow upon the empty corridors that seemed to echo with the phantom whispers of spectral entities. His gaze zeroed in on a stone sculpture, frozen in time with outstretched hands in the gesture of blessing, solemnly standing guard in forgotten alcoves. The weathered visage of the statue bore the weight of centuries, its carved lines etched into deep furrows of sorrow, as though conveying a profound sense of disillusionment and lament for the moral decay witnessed through the passage of time.

Karna was intimately acquainted with the expression as he had often beheld it upon the handsome yet deceitfully youthful face of the Kuru patriarch. It was difficult to reconcile that those eyes full of such haunting emptiness, could have ever brimmed with vitality. For, within their depths, lingered an enduring trace of ancient wisdom—a prescient gaze forever fixed in a timeless search for the elusive remnants of lost virtues amidst the relentless chaos of the contemporary world.

As the King of Anga navigated the labyrinthine passages of the clandestine network, the murmur of his Senapati's voice and that of the Ford Commander drifted towards him. The air grew thicker with each passing moment, as he drew closer to the meeting room.

Jagdeep's voice pierced the air, loud and clear, "...a most unexpected development, Senaadhipati. Knowledge can indeed ruffle even the most mundane of feathers."

Mahish must have cast a stern, disapproving glance, for Jagdeep's hurried whisper soon resounded, "I'm merely voicing concerns, Commander. It's our duty to—"

The Army chief seemed to have most assuredly invaded his subordinate's personal space. His voice, low and ominous, brooked no dissent. "Duty? Your duty is not to question the King's wisdom, but to follow orders without hesitation or doubt."