Chapter 88. Lost Footing

Hey Nim,

Missing you... I bet we would have had long, goofy, and serious discussions about some of the weird coincidences that have been happening recently. I hope wherever you are, you are continuing to be awesome!

.

.

.

Dear Readers,

Thank you for your patience and for being a part of this journey! Unfortunately, I was not well in the middle and my schedule has been really crazy, hence the delay. You have all been so sweet about the wait.

So many of you have reached out to let your thoughts be known. It is so, so encouraging. Please continue to maintain the same enthusiasm.  🙂 ✨

This chapter is dedicated to my very dear friend, who I lovingly call, 'Dhakkad Billi'. 💗

Most importantly, any new readers, please go through 'Elements of Fire' the amazing story, this work is a continuation of.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/205998187-elements-of-fire

Happy Reading!

A menacing, colossal storm cloud loomed ominously overhead

A menacing, colossal storm cloud loomed ominously overhead. The thick and brooding clouds had obscured the sky in an inky darkness. In a sudden burst of illumination, lightning slashed across the sky, its jagged tendrils reminiscent of fiery serpentine coils awakening from a dormant state, casting eerie, elongated shadows upon the sodden earth below.

Each raindrop, as it plummeted earthward, seemed to be an offering to the Earth below, as if the deities themselves lamented the follies of mortals.

Draupadi's mind was a tempest too. Thoughts, like fractured pieces of driftwood, bobbed chaotically in a churning sea of confusion. Memories, vivid yet fleeting, flickered in and out of her consciousness, offering no solace, only a disorienting glimpse into a fragmented past. The relentless assault on her senses left her utterly spent, her spirit adrift in a storm of bewilderment.

.

.

.

Her swayamvar was so grand. Excitement buzzed through Draupadi like a thousand bees. Loud colors and a cacophony of sounds swirled around her, mirroring the whirlwind in her heart. No, no, it was not a heart. A hummingbird was trapped in her chest! A tremor of pride ran through her for being the center of such magnificence. Her gaze swept across the dazzling display, and a blush, as fiery as the setting sun, threatened to bloom on her cheeks. A new life stretched before her, a future filled with both the terrifying thrill of the unknown and the intoxicating promise of love.

But there was no grand welcome in the grand palace of Hastinapur. No cheers greeted their arrival, no celebratory drums beat a rhythm to their footsteps. The vibrant colors of her dreams dimmed.