✧Chapter 11✧

Rain snuck closer, despite the pain in his stomach and listened to their conversation.

„Alpha, this is Star. She's a healer, she can help us cure the illness!" Dawn said hopefuly.

„A healer? Cure the illness? That's impossible! How do you know we can trust her?" Alpha protested. It was clear he still didn't trust the outsider.

„Any illness or injury can be cured with the usage of right herbs and skills," Star said with her sweet, velvety voice.

„Please, Alpha! Either we risk it or die from the sickness," Dawn begged him and came closer to him, streching her head forward to whisper something into his ear. Rain was almost unable to hear it but he caught the words was, dream, remember, you and vision. His senses were getting worse and worse as age started getting to him. But from what he heard, he assumed she was talking about Dawn seeing her in a dream and Alpha having a vision about her. With a flash he realized that he had a dream about her too and that these might mean something. Three wolves, Star, the white figure coming to lick one of the wolves' nose, maybe this dream just comfirmed that Rain was a part of the prophecy. He was pretty sure that Dawn had the same dream as him but he still needed to ask her, just to be sure.

„Are you sure it was her?" Alpha asked and this time, Rain could hear the full sentence.

„Yes. I'm convinced it's her and that she will help us," Dawn answered him.

Rain had had enough of just sitting in the den and „spying" on them. He stood up and slowly started walking towards them. He was feeling better than before but his stomach still hurt. He came to the two wolves and sat down.

„I can agree with Dawn," he said quietly, „I also had a dream with this wolf."

„What was it about?" Dawn asked curiously. She looked surprised and excited at the same time.

„Two black wolf silhouettes were sitting beside me and a white wolf came to lick my nose," Rain answered, waiting for Dawn's reaction. As he hoped, it was possitive.

„Mine was the same! This could be good news!" she said and jumped a bit.

„Okay, enough talking about your dreams," Alpha interupted them and came forward to face Star, „I accept your offer to help us, you may stay here but once the sickness is gone, you will have to be on your way."

„Understood. I promise I will get rid of it," she nodded and stood up, „I will go gather the needed herbs now."

„Can I go with you?" Dawn asked.

„Sure, if your Alpha allows," Star looked at the wolf, who was already on his way to his den. He turned his head around and with an unreadable expression nodded and continued.

Star left the camp with Dawn happily following her and Swift went hunting for more food again. After all, what else was he supposed to do? Stay in camp and do nothing? It was better for him to get more food for his sick pack than laying around. Plus, he seemed to still have plenty of energy in him and this was the best and maybe even only way to spend it. Rain and Alpha went into their nests again and this time, Rain didn't sleep. Instead he kept thinking about Star and who she really was. Why was she there when Moon saved his life? Was she the one trying to kill him or was she trying to save him? He spent the whole time drowned in his thoughts and didn't even notice that Storm vomited again until he heard the noises of Dawn's steps in the clearing.

She and Star have returned with their mouth full of herbs that they gathered and that Rain was unable to identify. He wasn't an expert or anything but he knew for sure that they were meant to heal the packs illness.

„Alpha! We're back," Dawn said after dropping the herbs. She seemed happier than ever when she was with Star and it looked like she enjoyed it in the forest with her.

When Rain came out of his den, Alpha was already there and was looking at the leaves and flowers in front of Star and Dawn's paws.

„Who should I help first?" Star asked him.

„Help Kestrel, she's going to have puppies soon," he replied, looking straight into her eyes.

„Why her?" Rain protested, „She only had one rat, just like us. Storm and Omega had more than us, they should be treated first." Alpha stared at him in disbelief.

„Do I look like I care about them?" he bared his teeth and growled, „Storm is old and can barely even walk and Omega is missing a leg. What are they to the pack when they can't even hunt?"

Rain couldn't believe it. What Raven did to his brother was already unacceptable but now he even wanted him to die too? Wasn't she enough for him? And not only Omega, but Storm, Rain's own beloved mother was useless to him? Rain just stood there, staring at Alpha and they had a staring contest again. The tension was really high and Rain's hate for the black wolf grew much stronger.

„Okay, I'll respect your Alpha's wishes and then I will help Storm and Omega. I'm sure you two, strong wolves will survive being given your herbs last," Star stated and grabbed her herbs. Dawn helped her carry them and showed her where Beta was. They both disappeared in Alpha's cozy den and he just snarled and walked to the pond to drink some water but not before giving Rain a warning look.