✧Chapter 22✧

The sun was already setting and Mist no where to be found. Swift started getting worried, she would never take so long to hunt. Hawk, Thunder, Rain and Swift all went hunting and looking for Mist but unfortunatly we're unsuccesful. Once they returned, their mouths full of prey but without Mist, and dropped their catch on the ground, Dawn came running to them, her face worried and anxious. When she realized that the silver she-wolf wasn't with them, she looked even more afraid. The four wolves settled down to rest and discuss their missing packmate and the reason behind her dissapearance.

„We haven't found her anywhere but we weren't in every corner of the territory. She might be somewhere where we didn't check, for example the place where we found the poisoned rats, which would not be good. I'm not willing to loose another packmate because of this sickness,” Rain stated.

„Maybe she's hiding from us. For... Personal reasons,” Thunder said.

„No. She knows she doesn't have to hide. Or else she wouldn't put her trust in me and tell me her secret,” protested Swift, quickly shutting his mouth.

„Mist told you her secret?” Hawk asked.

„She never told anyone, not even us. Whenever we'd ask about it, she would change the subject. You must be special,” said Thunder, appearing kind of jealous. Swift understood him, he would also be unhappy if his good friend told their secret to a friend they made just recently, rather then him.

Suddenly, Dawn came running to them, with her anxious, terrified look again. In her mouth, she was holding a large, brown maple leaf and a spiky thistle. She dropped these items in front of her and panted.

„They were just floating on the pond surface. I believe it's a sign. Something is coming. Rain, Swift, you know what I mean...” she panted continuously. Alpha overheard them and came closer. He looked at the items and frowned.

„Thornpack,” he said with the face of disgust and anger.

After he said that, they heard heavy pawsteps coming from the camp enterance and sharp claws clicking against the stones. A large, muscular, brown figure came out from the shadows, his amber eyes evily shining with determination. He was grinning as he came closer and more figures started appearing behind him. Maple, Thornpack's Alpha. They have followed them into their new camp. Fieldpack quickly assembled into a deffensive position with Alpha in the front, facing Maple. Thistle came to the Thornpack's Alpha's side and grinned viciously.

It was when all of the enemy pack's wolves were in the clearing that he saw one standing over a silver-furred body. She was all scarred and bruised up. A red feather and yellow eyes showed when the she-wolf tried to stand up but the enemy pinned her head down with a paw. Thornpack has captured Mist and invaded their camp. How come the four wolves not smell them? The sun was setting behind Fieldpack and the two Alphas stood face to face.

„Traitor! You betrayed our deal you filthy rat! We did what you wanted from us, leave your lands, wasn't that enough for you?” Alpha spat at Maple furiously, while Thunder and Hawk stared at them, confused.

„Do you think that's what I really wanted Raven? You're honestly stupid to even think that. My only goal was to get rid of you completely. I promised myself to not stop until you and your dumb, weak pack is gone,” his face turned angry as he growled, „And now I'm here to kill all of you.”

Maple jumped forward, to which Alpha quickly reacted and jumped too. They collided in the air, Maple pinned Alpha down with his weight and both packs went into battle. This wasn't just another fight, this was war. Swift already knew who he should go for first. He attacked the wolf who has been holding Mist hostage and pinned him down. The enemy quickly threw him off and ran towards Mist, who was already standing up. Swift outran him and bit his leg, holding him back from the silver she-wolf. The two started fighting and even though the enemy seemed to be stronger, Swift sent him running away from him using his speed and fast attacks.

On the other side of the camp he spotted Hawk and Thunder fighting together, side by side and Rain helping Alpha with Maple and Thistle. Swift was shocked. Rain hated Alpha but he guessed it was just his duty; help and protect his packmates, especially his Alpha, no matter their troubled relations. Either way, there was no time to think about these things, he had to battle for his pack. He saw a brown she-wolf attacking Omega and jumped at her, bitting her back. After a bit of efforts, she shook him off and they stood face to face while Omega ran to fight another enemy. The she-wolf looked uncertain, as if she didn't want to fight. She glanced at Maple, crouched down, flattened her ears and looked back at Swift. He understood the situation and let her go.

He heard someone coming near and quickly turned his head around, only to realize that it was Rain.

„Follow us, I'll explain everything on the way,” he said and ran off, closely followed by Swift who had to match his speed.

They met Alpha and Omega, who had Maple, Thistle and basically all of Thornpack on their tails, in the enterance. They ran into a forest and Rain got closer to Swift.

„We're going to lead Maple on the right spot, where Hawk, Thunder and Mist will throw down a tree at the right moment,” the wolf explained while whispering, probably so Maple wouldn't know about their plan.

„What...?” Swift asked, confused.

„No questions, just keep running,” Rain snapped.

They kept running until Alpha, Rain and Omega suddenly stopped, leaving Swift unalarmed that he didn't have to run anymore. Alpha turned around shortly howled towards Thunder, who appeared above them on a small ledge. He, Mist and Hawk immediatly started pushing the half fallen tree. The stem suddenly fell, and before Maple could process what was happening, crushed the brown wolf under it's weight with a loud, bone cracking noise.