- Chapter 2 -

*Meanwhile, at the treehouse*

C.B: *pant pant* Alright, alright… we made it…

Noko: *He hasn't said a damn thing since he had left the house. He's just staring at the floor*

Bon: *Deadpans and bonks Noko on the head*

Noko: HUH? What happened?

C.B: …K.C’s gone. Like, gone gone. And B.C stayed back to fight her long enough to give us time to escape.

Noko: … Wha-

Bon: *Bonks him again*

Noko: AH! Bon, what the heck?! I didn't even do anything!

Bon: *They shake their head and try to motion that he needs to keep it together.*

Noko: … You're right. K.C would hate it if I just fell apart. But, what're we even going to do? We don't even know anything about how these… things work.

C.B: B.C let me know some things before he fought. Eye contact.

Noko: So… staring into the eyes of these zombies?

C.B: It’s weird, but yes. So I wouldn’t recommend it.

Noko: *He sighs deeply, pushing the hair in front of his eyes down further* That's at least one thing we can remember. Do you have a journal?

C.B: B.C has one. He keeps it in his room. He documented the Corruption that happened a while ago that you and K.C weren’t around to witness. You could read it if you wanted, since he’s no longer here to stop you…

Noko: We don't have time for that, C.B. I know that this is gonna start spreading, so I need to write whatever information we can get out of these… what do we call them?

C.B: Well, they’re certainly not people anymore. Uhh… B.C would definitely call them “alternates” if he were still here, but that’s stupid AND unoriginal. So let’s call them… uhh… “things.” I have no good ideas.

Bon: *Scribbling some words onto the wall with a blue crayon they found*

Noko: Bon, what're you doing?

Bon: “Joy” *Since it was a word that K.C had written on the walls of her room*

C.B: I can cook with that. They seem to be very heavily religious, so… “Joyous?”

Bon: *They tap the floor lightly and then give C.B a thumbs up, their tail wagging*

Noko: Great, we have a name.

C.B: So what does that do for us?

Noko: Bon, do you have a piece of paper? Or anything that you found in the drawer?

Bon: *They walk to a chair and pull out a notebook that was in K.C’s backpack. She had left it here.*

Noko: Oh! That'll work! *He takes the notebook and a crayon from where Bon got them, and begins to write*

Bon: *They begin to walk and then they turn their head to the window suddenly*

C.B: Bon? What’s up? *walks up to the window*

*Bon grabs onto C.B’s sleeve and pulls him to Noko, seeming to be listening to something*

C.B: *narrows his eyes and also begins to listen*

*The sounds of something scraping against the tree trunk are heard from down below*

Bon: *They walk over to the window and peek down to see what it was*

*There's a person scratching their hands on the bark of the tree*

C.B: *a hammer appears in his hand as he peeks out to see what they look like*

*The person was mumbling strange words, and only the top of their head was visible. It's gray.*

C.B: Aaaand we gotta get out of here.

Noko: Why? What is it?

C.B: They’ve found us.

*The person jerks their head up and they also have the same golden eyes as the others*

Bon: *They grab onto Noko and bolt for the trap door*

C.B: *backs up to Bon and Noko*

*As the trapdoor opens and the three fall out of the treehouse, there are actually two more joyous that were out of view*

C.B: *drops down after them and cracks the Joyous in the jaws with his hammer* Back off.

*Bon motions for C.B to hurry up before they recover and drags Noko away from the treehouse*

C.B: *hurries after*

*However, one grabs onto C.B’s hammer and pulls on it to try and slow him down*

C.B: *grabs their arm and slams them to the ground*

*However, there are more just surrounding him from all sides*

C.B: Dammit. How fast does this thing spread?

*Bon and Noko seem out of view*

C.B: …godspeed. o7 *goes back to absolutely clowning on these losers*

*MEANWHILE, with the other two*

*Bon had taken Noko to what seems like an alleyway, far from the treehouse*

Noko: *Completely stunned about what the heck just happened*

Bon: *Slaps him back to reality*

Noko: AH! Sorry sorry! …Wait, where's C.B?

Bon: *They look behind them and realize that he was left behind.*

Noko:... Oh no. Nonono… What if they get him? What if he's already gone and there's nothing I ca-

Bon: *gives him a glare*

Noko: … You're right. I just… I don't know what to do. K.C is gone. B.C is gone. And possibly C.B now.

Bon: *The glare softens and they pat his shoulder in a reassuring way*

Noko: *He sighs and sits down near a trashcan, soon starting to sing a tune to relax himself*

...

...

*Footsteps*

- End Chapter -