Best Friend

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Traffic. The most annoying but at the same time boring thing ever. What else can you do in traffic? Overthink about your existential problems, of course. My conversation with Taeyong stressed me out a bit. I began to doubt everyone in this company at some point. But the most suspect to me is Lim Seonghun, he has all the reasons to kidnap me, if I disappear he will take my place. But I am not sure why would he sabotage my father as well.

Anyway! Today is Sunday, my day off, and I told myself to spend the day without any negative thoughts. I'm heading to the mall. We decided to go shopping with Irene and relax like girls.

Me and Irene hasn't hang out like real friends for a long time. Finally, we both got free time and chose to go shopping for ourselves, but also, the most important shopping target for today is Jongho's birthday present.

His birthday is in about a week and I'm so excited because I want to make him a surprise, which he doesn't even realize.

Me and Jongho are a couple for two months and a half already and nobody knows about this but us. But today, I want to share my secret with Irene because she is a true friend to me.

"I knew it!"

Irene calmly sipped on her drink obviously not being surprised by my announcement. We took a break from wandering around every shop in this mall.

"No way! How'd you know?"

"Darling, it was obvious. I'm the one who saw you together the most often, and I noticed there is a spark between you two."

Irene is much older than me, but age was never a barrier within our friendship. We have been friends even before I began my official carrier as a director. She has been working at my dad's company for many years already, she is truly an exemplary employee and father values her a lot.

"Obvious? Does that mean other people in the company noticed it as well?"

"Why do you keep it a secret anyway?"

"You know it the best. Many criticize me for becoming a director at such young age, I don't want to give them another reason for gossiping and criticizing."

"I get it, darling. But in the end it's your life and you decide what to do with it, not other people."

I have always appreciated Irene for her sincere nature and wise thoughts. On the other hand, she is fun as well. We must definitely go to club someday, especially now that she knows about me and Jongho.

I told her about my plans for his birthday and went to continue shopping. Irene will help me to choose the best gift for Jongho. I have some ideas in mind and she will advice me which one is the most suitable.

"So, does he treat you right?"

Irene asked me in between shopping.

"Of course! That is the main reason I fell in love with him."

"But isn't that his job? To take care of you and to treat you politely?"

"I mean yes, but that's not all. There has always been something more between us... like have you ever felt so attracted to someone you can't even explain yourself? That's my case."

We entered Armani as I continued.

"I mean, his actions towards me were never just professional. He's always had that intense gaze on me, and when we went shopping together, he genuinely helped me to choose outfits. He really pays attention to every little detail about me and remembers everything."

"That's legit boyfriend material! I'm really glad, darling. But if he ever makes you upset or sad, he'll have to deal with me."

Not satisfied by Armani. We searched already in many shops, but nothing really caught my attention. Jongho is a man with a refined taste in everything. I don't want to mess up with his present.

After hours of searching and discussion with Irene, I found it. I finally found it! The most suitable and perfect gift for my man. I'm satisfied and I hope Jongho will like my present as well.

He deserves the best.

• • •