The Winner

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

three months ago

TWO months before opening the boxing club, I had an incident. Someone tried to kidnapp me, or kill me? Something like this. Anyway, I could escape and run to my car thanks to some fight skills I saw on a TV show. My dad freaked out and scolded me that I shouldn't walk alone on the streets late at night. I tried to explain that I'm a grown up and can stand for myself, but everything was useless.

He had this idea of founding a fighting club for a long time and my incident was like an impulse for him. He said that the reason of founding the boxing club is because he wants to have good fighters in case his employees get into danger. But I know that he is fond of fighting arts, just like me. Though, I can't exclude the fact he wants to protect me.

So, my dad insisted into me having a bodyguard. Like this would be much more safer. I was also very scared and I can't fall asleep at times because of the thought that someone wants to kill me, but having a bodyguard was too much for me.

In the end I agreed with my dad and let him choose me a bodyguard out of the new fighters. The trainer suggested Jungkook because he trained him for years and is sure he is the most reliable one.

"Mr. Lee?"

"Yes, come in, Jongho."

Jongho entered the CEO's luxurious office. It was two days later after the welcome party. He quietly closed the door behind him and approached my dad's desk.

"Please, take a seat." My dad gestured at the couch in front of his desk. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Mr. Lee I'm not satisfied with the choice you and mr. Kim did regarding mrs. Eunmi's bodyguard."

My father raised an eyebrow looking at the young man in front of him. He paid more attention to Jongho this time.

"What are you suggesting then? To hire you as my daughter's bodyguard?"

"Yes, sir."

And so my dad and mr. Kim - the trainer, talked about this. They agreed on a boxing match between Jungkook and Jongho. The winner will be my bodyguard. I was so excited for this, I couldn't miss this match, a match for me.

My seat was near dad. And near him was sitting mr. Kim. Other boxers came to watch the fight as well. Intrigued as hell, huh? Of course they will be intrigued, mr. Kim said that Jongho and Jungkook are the best in this club. I grabbed a strand of my hair and started to nervously flatten it. I was too excited, it's my first time seeing a match in real life.

I peered the room, the ring and suddenly a strong feeling of worry crossed my whole body when my eyes stopped on Jongho. What is this? Am I... rooting for him?

Jongho turned his head, looking directly at me like he felt I was staring at him, and eventually thinking of him. He smirked then turned back, focusing on the match. W-what was that? A slight blush covered my cheeks. I peeked at my dad to see if he noticed this, but he was too focused on discussing the further match with mr. Kim.

My dad is very careful and wary when it comes to my boyfriends. He is just a jealous dad who is afraid to loose his little daughter.

The bell rang and everyone fixed their eyes on the ring. The match didn't last long and Jongho won. I can't really say he won easily, they were both good, but Jongho was so well balanced and his punches were full of force.

After Jongho had a small talk with my father and mr. Kim, I approached him. He seemed so happy so I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Your dad told me to come tomorrow to his office. We will talk like real men."

Jongho slightly raised his chin as a sign of pride. I was so amused by his behaviour, but on the other hand so curious why he wanted this so much.

"I knew you will win."

"I did it all for you, miss Eunmi."

• • •