Welcome Party

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

three months ago

AFTER keeping the speech together with my dad and other directors, I left the scene and was about to head out. Now, Hana occupied the stage to perform with her songs. The hall was crowded and full of important, business and public personalities, in short - my dad's friends.

This party was organised by my dad - the CEO of this company, in honour of opening the new boxing club. I'm also a director of this company, many people judge me because they think a 23 years old girl can't handle such position. They're just envious.

"Lee Eunmi!"

I turned around and saw a tall boy holding a champagne glass approaching me. And I'm not gonna lie, he looks hella fine. Sharp face features, well arranged hair, good body shape and an elegant, modern suit.

"Hello! I'm Jeon Jungkook, one of the new boxers."

"Hi Jungkook. Nice to meet you."

"I just wanted to say that you were gorgeous up there and had an amazing stage presence. I wish you all the good in your career."

"Thank you, Jungkook. And welcome to our company."

I think he wanted to encourage me because he heard someone talking shit about me while I was taking my speech. So nice of him to do that. Not so many people support me, thinking that I'm incompetent and reached the top just because of my dad.

The silk black dress embraced my waist showing off my delicate curves. The dress cut exposed my slender legs. My black curls were slowly soaring on my shoulders as I got out of the restroom. I was walking through the hallway with a fast pace while trying to arrange my dress.

When I dragged the dress harder one of my heels got tangled in the tail of my dress. I lost my balance, my hands were fluttering in the air trying to find a support to catch, but failed. My body bumped on the floor supporting on the elbows. I couldn't help but escape an 'ouch!'

My face heated up turning all red when I heard a laughter form the other end of the hallway. I raised my head up to see who invigorated themselves on my comic and clumsy performance.

It was a boy. He wasn't that tall, yet his body had an athletic shape. He was well dressed, good-looking and crying out of laughter because of me. This is totally embarrassing, me the most hated director of this company falling down and this handsome boy saw it all. He will definitely tell everyone about this, my image will be ruined. Everyone is looking forward to my mistakes.

I immediately got up and fixed my hair. Morally prepared myself for confronting this boy who is the only witness of my falling. He stopped from laughing when I reached him.

"You saw nothing."

I told him with a low tone. I didn't even face him because I was too embarrassed but tried to hide this and seem cool.