Revenge

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE sparring day came and my left foot won't stop shaking as I was sitting on my seat and waiting for the match to begin

THE sparring day came and my left foot won't stop shaking as I was sitting on my seat and waiting for the match to begin. After finishing my work I came to the boxing club right away. There were some fights before I came, but right now mr. Kim announced the battle between Jongho and Jungkook.

I haven't seen any of the boys today and that worries me more. I don't even know how they are feeling. I didn't encourage any of them, though I don't really think they need it because they just got on the ring and they seem totally confident and determined.

My eyes were fixed on the ring, on Jongho. I was waiting for him to turn his head and look at me and smile, as he always does before his matches. But he didn't. He seemed so tensed. I glanced at Jungkook who was fixing his boxing gloves, he was calm, but very focused.

Something is off here.

The bell rang.

Everyone directed their attention on the ring. Once again we will watch this match. Our best boxers will fight each other, once again. The beat of my heart started to get faster, I crossed my arms out of nervousness.

Jongho threw the first punch. Woah, that was unexpected. For the first punch he put too much force. That's not good. Jungkook was defending himself. Jongho continued to throw those fire punches. He was definitely angry, usually he is calm and easily wins, but not this time.

But why? Why is he so infuriated? It was as if Jongho erupted out of anger. He was more and more uncontrollable. Throwing a punch with his left hand, then with the right one and so on. He was hitting with impulsivity and violence. Jungkook could only defend himself by blocking the punches.

I took a deep breath. Stupid bastard. You won't win like this. Your meaningless jealousy will leave you down in a puddle of blood. We're just friends, you idiot.

And suddenly Jongho's words crossed my mind 'he likes you since the first day he saw you'. How'd he know that? How can he know what Jungkook feels? Jongho wasn't even there when I met him for the first time.

But can this be true? I mean Jungkook was so nice to me since we met. At first, I thought he just wanted to be good around me, the director, but with time we got closer somehow.

That's it! I got back to the match when I observed Jongho opened himself. That's Jungkook's chance. And he used it. Jungkook broke the block and gave Jongho a good fist in the stomach.

The match continued with some other rounds. The whole match Jongho wasn't really himself. He was uncontrollable, his punches were totally chaotic, he wasn't thinking about winning, he just wanted to hit Jungkook as much as he could.

In the end Jungkook won as I predicted. He was calm and could easily control the battle. While Jungkook was leaving the ring, he was searching something with his eyes, then stopped his sight on me. He fixed me with his eyes. I could read confidence and pride in them. Chills crossed my body.

He took his revenge.

• • •