Fallen Angel

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE shocking news about my older brother's arrival left us all in a huge surprise

THE shocking news about my older brother's arrival left us all in a huge surprise. Dad is eagerly waiting to talk with Taeyong after kicking him out of the house four years ago. Taeyong was never the good and well-behaved kid. Since he was little he used to always get into fights and cause problems to my parents.

But one day, after having a car accident in an illegal night race, dad got really furious on him. Hopefully, Taeyong didn't suffer badly, but after recovery our dad told him to leave this country and arrive when he will become the worthy son our family deserves. Now, Taeyong has his own five-star hotel in Singapore and will soon arrive in Korea.

But the most nervous one about meeting my brother is obviously Jongho. He wants really bad to give the best impressions.

"What if we don't get along?"

We went to the bank this morning because I had some misunderstandings and spent some good hours there. After solving everything, I got an urgent call and now we are arriving back to the company.

"Jongho please, he might do crazy things sometimes, but he is a good person."

Jongho parked the car and we got out. We were heading to the entrance.

"Relax. He said he will arrive soon, it's not like he will fall from the sky right now, right in front of us."

I escaped a giggle trying to encourage Jongho and take his mind from this topic, when he tapped my shoulder and pointed up, so I raised my head and looked at the sky. We both froze on the spot.

A huge parachute was approaching the ground, behind it a helicopter hovered in the air. Me and Jongho stepped aside. When the parachute landed right in the middle of the parking lot we saw him. Taeyong fell from the sky, right in front of us.

"Okay, maybe he will really fall from the sky."

"Don't tell me that's him."

"Ok, I'm not."

Of course his grand entrance captured everyone's attention, not just those from the company, but also passerbies who were near by. Some people on the street even recorded the moment on their phones. I wonder what's my dad's reaction, I think he's not that impressed.

My dad is quite the conservative type. He is not really into these modern things. That's why he never got along with Taeyong. My brother have always been the innovative guy who wants to try everything in this life.

Taeyong took out his helmet and protective glasses. He ruffled his platinum-blond hair and detached the backpack from his body. I swear I saw how Jongho gulped when Taeyong headed to us.

"Your fallen angel is back!"

My brother made a sophisticated movement with his hand and bowed to us. He is in his repertoire.

"Taeyong!"

I run and gave him a tight hug. He hugged me back. I haven't felt my brother for four years. That's crazy if you come to think of it. I missed him and his quirks so much.

"Look at you, Emily! Last time I saw you, you were this small."

Taeyong measured me with his hand and we both laughed. He likes to call me by my English name which I also adore because he's the only one who calls me like that in Korea.

"I like your hair colour, it really suits you!"

"Thanks! Did you get my reference about fallen angel? Because I literally landed here and my hair is platinum-blond like an angel."

"Of course I did, dummy."

I slightly hit his arm and we both giggled.

"And what's with the parachute thing, how did you even manage?"

"Four years of absence... I had to do a great entrance."

A sad smile covered his face as he turned to look at the fallen parachute behind him. Then, I looked into his eyes and spoke with a serious tone.

"Dad's gonna be mad."

"He is always mad."

We looked at each other for a second and then I realised that Jongho was also there, standing near us. It seems like Taeyong also did, because he was looking right at Jongho. He had a doubtful look.

"Who are you with, Emily?"

• • •