That Night

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

five months ago

A mild cold breeze caressed my slender legs as I was standing in the parking lot of our company. Currently, I am wearing a Chanel skirt and jacket suit and thinking about it, I realize I should've worn something else because regret wrapped my bare, cold legs completely. But, that is not the biggest concern right now. The thought of being a director at my dad's own company does not give me a single moment of peace. I am not going to lie, I am nervous about the huge weight that is left on my shoulders right now.

I breathed out the last cigarette smoke and threw away the stump. I really should quit smoking because my dependence rises too fast and during stress times I tend to smoke two packs a day.

"C'mon Irene, where are you..."

Irene is my right hand and a good friend. She has been working at my dad's company since I was a freshman at university so we have known each other for some time. Today, Irene wants to go to a movie together, but she said we will not be alone. At her request, I am here, waiting for her because she has a quick business to do before we set off to the cinema.
Who is she bringing...?

Out of a sudden, a big hand quickly tightened my mouth from the back and another hand pressed my arms around my body. My heart started to pound in my chest. What? What is happening? Who is there, behind me? It hurts... my mouth... my arms...

I can't move, I tried to escape the grip but it was too tight. I can't shout, I can't look around either because that hand was holding me. Air was barely reaching my nostrils, my breath fastened as I was desperately fighting for my life trying to breath in. My head started to feel dizzy.

"Hey! You!"

A male voice shouted and the stranger quickly took his hands out of me.

"Come here, you bastard!"

Another male voice shouted at the stranger who ran away. My legs are trembling so I fell down. The two men who shouted went after the stranger.

"Oh my God! Eunmi! How are you, darling?"

Irene approached me and helped to get up. My body was still weak because of the shock. I can't understand what happened just now. Irene took my car keys and helped me to sit inside. She gave me some water.

"What happened just now?"

"Darling, someone tried to kidnap you."

What?! Kidnap? Me? But why and who? The guy seems to be pretty strong because my arms and mouth are still hurting. Or, he just was very determined to do that.

"Did you see his face?"

"Unfortunately not. That crazy was wearing a black hoodie that covered his face entirely."

Right when Irene finished to talk, the two male arrived. I haven't seen them before. They are tall and good looking, one of them is wearing a suit and the other is a more casual-sporty type.

"Where is the bastard?"

Irene asked the men who were approaching us. The one in suit answered her.

"He was very fast and apparently not alone because a black van was waiting for him on a darker street nearby."

"We are sorry we couldn't help, Eunmi."

The guy wearing a more casual outfit was looking at me with a guilty face while talking.

"Are you kidding? You just saved me from a kidnapper who could take me God knows where. Thanks, really."

Irene told me they were the guys who should have come with us at the cinema. The one in suit is Taehyung, he worked together with Irene until she became my secretary. And the other one is Jimin - his friend and a dance coach at our company. The two men were very sweet and nice, but I was not able to continue our night out.

The thought of someone very dangerous and strong following me around here for who knows how much time already, terrifies me. I can't feel safe even at my workplace and security cameras can't help much because the hoodie covered his face entirely. Police can't help either as Jimin and Taehyung couldn't see the numbers of the van in the dark.

At that time, me and my parents were horrified about everything that happened. We couldn't get to know anything about the kidnapper. Also, the thing that he was not alone alarmed us a lot. Who knows what could have happened to me if Irene and the guys came a second later. Or who knows how many of them are there, and what are their purposes.

After this incident I quit smoking. At least one good thing came out from all this. However, now I get really frightened whenever someone comes to me from the back or grabs me suddenly.

That mysterious night determined my dad to increase our company's security and find me a bodyguard. The boxing club was an earlier business idea of his, but finally he implemented it and it helped him to choose the best bodyguard for me, as he said.

• • •