N I N E

Ever since Seungmin had met Hyunjin years back, he knew they would soon become the worst in each other's world. Hyunjin with his pitch black hair and Seungmin with his chestnut brown, it seemed that the first year of high school would be quite normal for the both. But after a while of walking the halls by himself, Seungmin could tell a boy like Hyunjin would fit right in with the stock characters of high school life while Seungmin would be left by himself as an outsider.

It was also another reason why the whole "puppy nickname" thing started. 

They had previously became neighbors after Seungmin had finished year four and when Hyunjin moved into the house across from him, Seungmin could tell he would be different from everyone else in the street. He was bold of course (nothing could be passed by him) and his father smoked everyday and at one stage, just from the front window of his house could he see Hyunjin doing the same in year eight, once an afternoon and right before school. 

Seungmin would want to walk across the road separating them and tell him to stop, but they never had the communication he wanted. And to make it even worse, they never talked on the train and Hyunjin didn't seem all that interested in him unlike Seungmin himself. And it was by year nine that Seungmin had given up in trying all together.

"And trust me, you do not want to be friends with a dog like him anyway" Seungmin thought, recalling what Hyunjin had said right at his face. And right where Bangchan could clearly hear him.

Rage consumed his thoughts and Bangchan seemed more far behind than ever.  Hyunjin had messed him over...bad...and Seungmin was going to let him know. 

'Hyunjin' he said, letting go of Bangchan's grip and focusing his eyes on the guy before him.

'Seungmin, what are you doing here?-'

'Why did you say that last week?' Seungmin continued, cutting him off and ignoring the fact that he had a surprised expression across his face, almost as if he was caught off guard.

 'What last week?'

'Don't mess with me, Hyunjin, you know what you said'

'Can we help you?' a black haired boy asked, standing right next to Hyunjin with his arm linked with Hyunjin's right. He seemed completely oblivious on the matter and it made Seungmin wonder if Hyunjin really was caught off guard from Seungmin's sudden arrival.

'I'm sorry, who are you again?'

The boy looked at Hyunjin with a surprised face and both him and Hyunjin looked at Seungmin, almost like the two had never seen him before. Bangchan opened his mouth to say something in response, but nothing came out in the end.

'Um well...I'm Jeongin, a year eleven and I'm Hyunjin's-'

'Okay, let's not say that' Hyunjin said, putting his hand over Jeongin's mouth to stop him from talking as he re-focused his eyes on Seungmin, a sense of positivity shining through his eyes in addition.

'How about I talk to these two and you go and order your ramyeon? Is that okay?' Hyunjin asked, looking at Jeongin.

'Oh ok! I can do that' he responded, before making Hyunjin turn around, his back facing both Seungmin and Bangchan and walking away in response. Seungmin tried to look around Hyunjin's back to see what they did, but Hyunjin turned around far too fast for Seungmin's taste.

'Ok um...you wanted to talk about last week right?'

"No shit sherlock"

'Yeah, actually. You know, I never got an apology and I would really like to know if that nickname is still floating around because you know, I think it's great to stay updated' Seungmin responded with an angry tone and flare in his voice.