11

The drive to the park was uneventful. Lisa kept up a constant stream of chatter to fill the silence, ensuring that things wouldn't become awkward. Meanwhile, the blonde girl sat in the back of the car with her arms crossed, simply listening. Her bored expression was reflected in the rear-view mirror.

It seemed odd that she had joined the outing if she grew bored so easily.

Once Lisa parked the car, she turned to address everyone with a happy expression. "We're here." She announced. Rosé was the first to exit the car, followed by the both of you. As you looked around, your eyes took in the scenery of the park.

The place was adorned with beautiful trees, creating an idyllic setting. There were countless people walking, laughing, and running, giving the park a lively atmosphere. It truly was a picturesque location.

You and Lisa began strolling through the park, with Rosé following along behind. As you walked along the path, you commented, "My father used to bring me here when I was young."

"Really? Our father would bring us here too! My sister and I spent countless hours playing in this park. I still remember the time she tripped and cried so loudly," Lisa reminisced with a laugh.

You smiled wistfully. "Let's not bring that up." Rosé glared at her younger sister and pinched her arm.

"Ouch! It's not that bad, and besides, she's our sister, so she should know about it," Lisa argued.

"Stepsisters." Rosé corrected, then walked away.

Both of you watched as Rosé disappeared into the crowd, likely venturing off on her own. You and Lisa continued walking together, sharing stories and getting to know each other better.

Eventually, your legs brought you to a bubble tea food truck. Lisa turned to you and asked, "What flavor would you like?" before heading to place the order. "I'll have whatever you're getting," You replied with a smile, and she nodded.

As you waited for her, you took out your phone and snapped a picture of the park. It was heartwarming to revisit this place after a decade, despite the notable changes it had undergone.

After about ten minutes, Lisa returned with bubble tea in hand. "Here's your chocolate hazelnut flavored bubble tea. It's perfect for those with a sweet tooth." She said, offering you the other cup. You thanked her and took a sip.

Suddenly, a voice called out your name. "Y/N! Hey!" You turned around, taken aback.

"Jisoo!" The girl identified as Jisoo ran towards you and enveloped you in a warm hug. The two of you held each other tightly. Jisoo eventually pulled away, her eyes bright with joy. "It's so nice to see you again!" She exclaimed, taking hold of your free hand.

Meanwhile, Lisa observed the interaction from a distance, sipping on her bubble tea. Her gaze fixated on the sight of your hands intertwined with Jisoo's. This unexpected feeling stirred within her, leaving her confused and unable to comprehend its meaning.

You inquired, "What brings you here?"

"Well, I came back to continue my studies here. My mom finally allowed it." Jisoo answered, smiling as she held onto your hand.

Lisa continued watching as the conversation unfolded. Eventually, she decided to give you two some privacy and stepped away, allowing her presence to fade into the background.

"Wow." She said quietly to herself.

"We recently moved here just a week ago, and I also tried to visit you at your house yesterday. However, I was told that you and your mother had moved," Jisoo explained.

"I didn't have your mother's phone number, and I remembered that you don't have a phone, so I didn't know what to do." She added.

As the two of you conversed, Lisa stood some distance away, waiting patiently. She finished her bubble tea while waiting for you. Suddenly, Rosé's voice reached her ears. "Where's that girl?" Rosé wondered aloud, causing Lisa to turn around to face her.

"She's talking to a friend." Lisa replied, fixing her gaze in the direction of you and Jisoo. Rosé chuckled, then glanced back at Jisoo and you. "See, told you never let her go to public places, she snakes around."

Lisa rolled her eyes in response. She discarded her empty cup into a nearby trashcan before making her way towards you and Jisoo.

"Hey," she greeted with a smile, joining the two of you. You glanced at her questioningly, prompting Jisoo to inquire, "Who is this?"

You faced Jisoo and answered, "She's my sister." Jisoo's shocked expression lingered as she processed the information.

"Sister? But, wait... you guys don't really look alike—"

"No, not biologically related. We're stepsisters, and I have another one as well." You explained awkwardly.

"Ohh, I see," Jisoo finally comprehended the situation.

"I think I should head off now. See you on Monday." Jisoo said, hugging you one last time before bidding farewell and disappearing into the bustling crowd.

"So, who was that?" Lisa asked curiously.

You turned to face her. "She's my childhood best friend who left to study abroad. Now she's back to continue her studies here." You elaborated.

"Hmm," Lisa nodded, as her previously unexplainable feelings continued to linger.

>>

As the darkness settled over the park, a sense of urgency washed over you, Lisa, and Rosé. It was now late, and you knew that your parents must be home, likely growing concerned about your whereabouts.

Preparing to make your way towards the park's exit, a voice suddenly pierced through the night, calling out your name. This time, it was a guy's voice.

You froze in your tracks, causing Lisa to stop beside you, while Rosé continued walking obliviously. With widened eyes, you turned around, recognizing the person.

He sprinted towards you, stumbling along the way, but his determination propelled him forward. Finally, he reached you and took hold of your hands, pressing them gently against his cheeks.

"Y-Yeonjun..."

"Please, baby, give me another chance. I promise to make things right." He pleaded earnestly.