Gracie. June 18

I'm in the elevator on my way to Cassidy's apartment and I actually can't believe this is happening. Like she's the actual sweetest person and she's so funny and pretty- I need to stop I can't be catching feelings I've known her for a week.
I knock on the door, her mom answers "hi Gracie! It's nice to see you again! I'm glad you were able to come over" she says stepping aside as I walk in, closing the door behind me. I hadn't really noticed how beautiful the apartment was the first time I had come over, I guess I was nervous. But wow! It's beautiful, as I'm taking in the apartment I spot Cassidy speed walk down the stairs. She's wearing navy blue adidas soccer shorts rolled at the waist and a white tank top? Sports bra? I can't tell. Her makeup and hair looks as good as always, god she was pretty. "Hey!" She said jumping of the last step "I'm so so glad you were able to sleepover- I was literally praying your parents would let you" she said
"Oh my god same my dad barely agreed" I laughed as she motioned for me to follow her upstairs to her room, as I set my stuff down I realized she'd cleaned it since I was last here. It was cute, the walls were lined with photos and posters and tapestries. "So what do you want to do?" She asked jumping onto her bed scutching up to sit against the head board "umm I don't know" I said biting my lip, she could probably tell I was nervous "we could go down the block to the corner store and get snacks of stuff to bake something?" She suggested I smiled "we should totally bake something!" I said as she got shoes from her closet, she chose black converse. "Ok! I'm not gonna lie I'm a shit cook so you might be the leader of this project" she admitted lacing up he shoes making a bow and grabbing her wallet from a bag hanging on the door.

We get to the store and are in the baking isle, Cassidy's looking at everything "what should we make" she asked grabbing vanilla and throwing it in her basket "we're all out" she said explaining the purchase "oh umm I don't know? What do u like?" I asked "chocolate" she said blankly I laughed "well we could do cake? Like strawberries and chocolate?" I suggested. She jumped slightly "that sounds so bomb oh my god we have to do that!" She grabbed a box of chocolate cake mix and I grabbed the icing. We made our way to the fresh fruits stopping on the way to get sodas she got a coke I got a dr. Peper and we got a wide verity of candies. I can't imagine we'll be able to eat all this but she doesn't seem worried.

We make our way back to her house and unpack the groceries in the kitchen she grabs the standing mixer from a cabinet as her mom walks in "Cass since when do you bake?" Taylor asked. I laugh a little Cassidy making an exaggerated shocked face "I'm literally a professional baker what are you talking about mom?" She says throwing her hands up making her mom and I both laugh "hmmm so what are you girls making?"
"Chocolate cake with strawberries Oh! Wait mom I got you these" Cassidy says pulling a bag of sour patch sour watermelons out of the grocery bag
"Oh thank you sweetie" she smiled "let me know when you guys want me to order dinner- I was thinking Chinese and you girls could rent a movie"
"Thanks you so much" I say smiling pouring the milk into the bowl, Cassidy sat on the counter clearly not lying about not being a chef but I don't mind I love cooking for people.
"Cassidy be helpful!" Taylor said leaving the room
We laughed Cassidy connected her phone to Bluetooth and started playing her playlist, super rich kids by frank ocean came on and she started dancing and singing around the kitchen.  I smiled slightly dancing along as I finished with cake batter "where are the cake pans?" I asked. She looked around a few cabinets finding two different sizes we decided to do two smaller ones and make a layer cake.
While it was cooking we ordered dinner, we got a lot. One thing I was learning about Cassidy and her mother was that they loved to eat just when you think they'd be full they'd open a pint of ice cream.
We were trying to pick a movie to rent we sat in the tv room that was basically a mini theater. "What do u want to watch?" She asked. "Oh I don't care" I responded "please pick I hate making decisions I'm like to indecisive" she asked again "okay um let me think— mean girls?"
"YES OH MY GOD I LOVE LOVE LOVE MEAN GIRLS" Cassidy very excitedly said I smiled as she started the movie and we began to eat. I looked over at her she was smiling to herself after Regina George said something funny, she's cute.
We paused the movie after a little while so finish the cake. Cassidy took it out of the fridge where we had put it to cool. She also took the strawberry's out and started cutting them into hearts. I started icing the cake. "Do you have a piping bag?" I asked hoping the answer was yes
"Ummm" she hummed walking around the kitchen island opening a drawer next to me. "Yes!" She said handing it to me.
I finished the icing and Cassidy and I decorated it with the strawberry's. It was cute a little sloppy and rough around the edges but definitely cute. "I'm obsessed with it" Cassidy laughed
"Me too" I said putting my hand up to high-five her, she reciprocated the high-five and pulled me into a hug laughing. She grabbed two forks and handed them to me picking up the cake and carrying it back to the tv room where be dug in. "This is so good oh my god you should be a professional baker" she said with a mouthful of cake. "Thanks but it really was just a box" I replied laughing a little "yea yea your just humble"
We continued the movie until it ended and we went to her room. It was around 9:30pm still pretty early I figured Cassidy doesn't go to bed early. I noticed a guitar sat next to her bed "Will you sing?" I asked sitting on her bed. She made a face I couldn't tell what it meant but she reached for the guitar finally nodding. She paused to think of a song and began to sing...

Told my mother that I love her
And that I'd lie to the accountant if she wants
I'll do whatever to protect her
I'll say anything just to make her stop
I saw a movie everybody hated...

She finished singing and I was in awe. Her voice was almost angelic, she definitely go her moms talent. "Did you write that?" I asked still in shock "yeah, it's called sweet tooth" she replied smiling looking down and playing with her hands. "That was beautiful" I exclaimed, she laughed a little clearly very nervous about singing in front of someone fairly new to her. "Thanks" was all she mustered out. "You should make an album" I said before I really thought about what was coming out of my mouth. "Uhm no, I'm like way to anxious id like evaporate if I actually put music out there." She said laughing it off but I knew what she meant. I'd always struggled with anxiety and whenever I put a song out I feel like I'm gonna puke I hum in response "well you should sing for me again sometime it was really pretty" I said trying to be encouraging "ok I will" she smiled putting the guitar down "let's go in the hot tub she said changing the subject"
"I don't have a swimsuit"
"Don't worry try I have like a million" she laughed throwing on at me
"Ok fine" I said giggling walking to the bathroom to change.
We hangout in the hot tub for awhile talking about school and our friends, Cassidy talked about the girl she was talking to last fall who ended up causing drama all year for her. I talked about my ex and a little about minor but mostly just appreciated listening to Cassidy talk about her life.
It had been an hour and we decided to go back inside. We put on pajamas and got a little ready for bed. We weren't really tired though. We started another movie, I convinced her to put on twilight and we made it halfway before Cassidy started as she was calling it "resting her eyes" she was falling asleep on my shoulder and I didn't do anything to wake her. She was peaceful and I was getting tired myself so that's how we slept.

Authors note:
This is longer then usual lmk if that's good or if I should go back to shorter also pretend Maya Hawke didn't write sweet tooth.