Gracie. Sept 7

I flutter my eyes open to see cassidy sitting up against my headboard
"Happy birthday!" She says turning to face me once she noticed I was awake
I wrap my arms around her "thank you"
She hugs me back her hair smells like coconuts.
"What time does the big blowout start" she asks sarcasm lacing her voice
I laugh "they get here at like three but like Diana's always late"
"Ha" she laughs
"Come on my family always makes waffles on our birthdays" I say throwing the blankets to the foot of the bed

We make our way to the kitchen
"Happy birthday to you!" My family sings, Cassidy joining in as we sit down around the kitchen island
They finish singing "thank you" I say covering my face. My mom comes up behind me and gives me a hug, followed by my dad and brothers. I thank them all again. My family gave me their gifts, and I am so incredibly grateful for everything. We enjoy breakfast, my family was telling story's from when I was a kid, Cassidy was laughing with my brothers. I really love how much Cassidy is getting along with my family.
It's beginning to reach late morning and my mom offers to go pick up the cake and sodas for later, my brothers go with her and Cassidy my dad and I set up a little outside. We hung up pink and white streamers around the porch lights and set up picnic blankets and old pillows and beanbags around the yard.
"You girls go get ready- I'll finish this up" my dad says acknowledging that Cass and I were still in our pajamas. We ran upstairs and I hop in the shower. When I get out I see Cass sitting cris cross on my vanity chair doing a little braid in her hair. Her makeups done and she's dressed wearing light wash mid-rise jeans with a vintage magenta quicksilver tee.
"Aw you look cute" I say before stepping into the closet
"Thanks" she says
I connect my phone to Bluetooth to play music and the first song to come one is "the last great American dynasty"
"I can't believe you actually live in the house this songs about" I say once I got dressed myself
"You have to come visit sometime! Maybe Halloween or In December when it's all snowy and pretty" she says
We talk about how much we wish we lived closer and planning our hypothetical next visit.
"Hey girls will you come down for a sec?" My mom calls from the bottom on the stairs.
We run down and my mom tells us to go to the yard where my dad is blowing up one of those inflatable movie projector screens. "Holy shit" I say. I thank them a million times
"Hey!!!" Abby says walking through the house "whoa that's cool" she says referring to the yard
"Hey!" I say hugging her. I should have known she'd be here early, she'd always over and always welcome.

The rest of my friends arrive, even Diana (she was 20 minutes late though). I introduce Cass to Charlotte and Diana, Cass and Diana are quick friends. The night gets going we start eating and trying to figure out what movie to watch.
"What about fear street?" Audrey asks
"Isn't that scary?" I ask
"Sadie said it's not that bad like stranger things level" Cass says
Abby's looks shocked "You know Sadie sink?"
"Uhm yea we did a Broadway acting camp once when we were in middle school and kept in touch" Cass explains
"Your life is awesome" Charlotte laughs
"What other celebrities do you know?" Abby's ask
"Uhm" Cassidy looks uncomfortable with the sudden attention "do you know who Iizzy Lively is? I know her whole family, Blake and Ryan oh and um Selena Gomez. Just a bunch of my mom friends" she explains playing with her fingers
"Guys I'm hungry" Diana says. I don't know if she was trying to steer the conversation away from Cass or not but either way I'm glad she did.
"I can go get the pizza" I say "it's inside"
Abby gets up to go with me. Once we get inside she starts asking about Cass "you've been attached to the hip all night it's so obvious! You guys just need to kiss already"
I laugh handing her a litter of Coke and Dr Pepper. I head outside with the pizzas "just drop it." I say before we make it in earshot of everyone else.
We start the movie and right on the bat it's freaking terrifying. I squeal and jump in my seat. Everyone starts laughing and I put my face in my hands and don't look up until the opening mall scene ends. "Holy shit guys" I say once it's not as scary.
"Oh shhh it's not that scary" charlotte says
I laugh and throw a pillow at her.
At the end of the movie the scene where Kate's head goes through the bread slicer, that's when I lost it, I put my head in my lap and lean on Cassidy's shoulder. We finish the first of the three movies, but there's no way I'm making it through another.
I check my phone seeing an Instagram dm from a verified account "guys Olivia Rodrigo just wished me a happy birthday!" I say slightly freaking out.
"What the fuck" Audrey says
"What do I say?!
"Uhm thanks?" Diana said
I laugh "no shit but like I feel like I should say something else"
"What if you say thanks so much I love your music btw and like a heart emoji" Charlotte says
"Uh I'll do something like that" I say typing out a response "Anyway Guys let's watch lala land" I say and everyone has to agree given it's my birthday. I like lala land much more, everyone's much more calm, everyone's cuddled up the outdoor furniture and cozy under old quilted blankets. Cassidy and I were sitting against the outside coffee table, she's playing with my rings under the blanket.
The movie ends and everyone's starting to get there stuff to head home. Cassidy's clearly very sleepy, I flash her a smile while I say bye to Audrey the last of my friends to leave.
"Go get your girl" Audrey says leaving through the back gate.
I plop down next to Cassidy who's still sitting in the mess of blankets.
"Happy birthday" she says smiling right before yawning
"Thanks sleepy" I laugh
"Shut up I'm not that tired" she retorts "oh I almost forgot" she says reaching for something from her pocket.
"I said not to get me anything"
"Oh shut it! Now close your eyes and give me your hand"
I feel her put a bracelet on my wrist, it was beautiful. "Thank you so much I love it" I say pulling her into a hug
She hugs me back playing with my hair. "Let's go to bed" I say pulling her up with me
As soon as we get upstairs and Cassidy's head sits the pillow I'm sure she's sleep. When I turn the lights off I whisper so quietly that I don't even think she could hear me if she was awake "Cass?" She doesn't respond "I like you" she doesn't respond again I roll over "I like you too" I hear to soft I thought I was imagining it. I roll back over to see her smiling at me. "Deadass?" I ask
She laughs "yes" she said taking my hand.
We hold eye contact for awhile, our faces inching closer together until our lips touch. I can feel her smiling into the kiss, we eventually pull apart. I smile she giggles a little before I connect our lips again. She pulls apart, wrapping her arms around my waist pulling me closer. We fall asleep like that, her head on my chest, arm over my stomach and legs knotted together. Best birthday ever.

Authors note
I haven't read this over but omgggg!
Final they're together but now idk what to do this this story