Cassidy. August 3

Cassidy. August 3

The flight was booked and im going to visit for Gracie's birthday next month and I was was basically counting down the days. Today though, it's a sunny summer day in New York and lizzy and I and our moms have been at Blake's family's house in the Hamptons for the past four days. We've always done this since before I can remember, get a girl trip in before summer ends you know?
I've been surfing every morning coming up for lunch then swimming or tanning with lizzy. I love summer, all my freckles come out and my hair gets lighter, I just love it. But part of me couldn't wait till September rolled around. Me and Gracie have become closet then ever talking about everything in our lives she knows things about me that nobody else does.
Last night lizzy and I were painting our nails, mine pink her green and I blurted out "I think I like Gracie Abrams"
"I'm happy for you" she replied smiling, I was smiling too. We finished our pedicures and went downstairs to watch a movie with our moms before lizzy had to spill the beans
"Cassys got a crush she said running in and jumping on the couch taking a place between our moms.
"Oh frick you" I said sitting down next to her
"Ohh who?" Blake asked laughing
Lizzy was quick to reply "I'll give you a hint her game starts with a G and rhymes with lacy"
"I knew it!" My mom slightly shouted
I was very clearly blushing and covered my face with my hands "oh shut up"
We were all laughing, I'd never be mad at lizzy for telling our moms I love the three of them so much it couldn't bother me.
The next morning however I woke up with a text from my mom saying to come to her room when I woke up. "Hey mom?" I said knocking on the door
"Yea babe come on in"
"Why'd u text me to come up?" I said getting into bed next to her
"I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to hurt yourself by likening Gracie"
I smiled at her concern "mom I promise I won't, and if I do then I'll cope. I don't plan on doing anything about it though I doubt she feels the same"
My mom pulls me into a hug "whatever you say sweetie"
I hum in response
"So tell me more about ms. Gracie" my mom says
I tell my mom about how Gracie is the kindest soul you'll meet, how her voice it the most angelic thing you'll hear and how when she puts her head down when she blushed thinking I don't notice but I always do. My mom just smiles and nods being supportive. Eventually Lizzy and Blake come and find us and we continue with our day.

Im sitting at the kitchen island counter with Lizzy eating sandwich after a few hours of swimming. The summer air was coming through the kitchen and Lizzy was joking about a guy she was talking to. I can't explain but I feel nostalgic for a summer that hasn't ended yet. The summer I met Gracie. The summer I started taking surfing seriously. The summer I started writing songs that meant something. (Not that anyone knows that)

Authors note:
This is super short filler but I had this draft so why not post it 🤷‍♀️
Anyway 2 updates 1 day wtf!