Cassidy. Sept 10

I slept through the jet lag of from the night before and I intend to tell ask my mom if Gracie can come for Halloween. Like a week maybe I think my mom will say yes. She really liked Gracie when she met her and I think she really likes that we're dating. The last girls I've talked to have been a lot of drama so I never really had a girlfriend. My mom knew about all of this and I think that's why she liked Gracie so much, she's nice, and being with her feels effortless like she was always meant to be there.
I woke up pretty last today, I think I slept through my home room but with online school I don't really care, I'll just email my teacher and say I was sick or something. I log onto my second period, caramics, I've been taking this class since freshman year but since it's online all the teachers does is show us presentations about famous ceramicist and styles. I mute the class and head to to kitchen where I find my mom. "Hey mom" I say dragging the 'm'
"What are you gonna ask me for?" She raises and eyebrows at me looking up of the dishes she was doing
"Uhm I was wondering if maybe Gracie could visit in the end of October? I know I just saw her and everything but we were talking about Halloween and-"
She cut me off "sweetie it's fine with me she's welcome anytime" I sigh in relief going to hug her "wait aren't you supposed to be in class right now?"
I laugh and skip back to my room sitting on my bed with my zoom class open

Cassidy
My mom said yes to Halloween!

Gracie 💕
Yay!
I'll ask mine tmr
I'll tell them we're dating too

Cassidy
No rush 🩷
I'll call you later I'm supposed to be locked in to my classes rn 😭

Gracie
Okok 😖💕

I finish my classes only emerging from my room once to get lunch. I would go on a run but that's been hard since all the gyms are closed and I can't really run on the streets without paparazzi taking flicks from across the street, I've mostly been running in Rhode Island.

Cass
Come over now 🙏

Liz 😋🦎
Omw!!

We go to the same school so I knew she must've been done. Her family's coming for dinner later but I figured we should debrief now.

"Hey!" Lizzy comes in flopping onto my bed "your mom let me in"
"Dude I have so much to tell you" I lay down next to her
"Ok so start"
"Okay so like everyday we'd wake up cuddling and I don't know that's just like not how I am with my friends and then we asked me to teacher her to surf and it was really cute but then it was her birthday and like we were attached at the hip- OH and then we kissed on her birthday then we went in a date the next night and she did the cutest thing" I was talking really fast and probably adding in unnecessary details but i don't know I'm just so happy. "Then we went to the beach before the airport and she asked me to be her girlfriend"
"Dude that's like a hallmark movie! I hate being single" I laugh "I'm happy for you though like you guys are so cute for each other."
"Thanks" I sit up "what time is your family coming?"
"Uhm like 4 probably- i don't know. Is Joe coming?"
"Yea" I huff. I wouldn't say anything to my mom but I feel like recently Joe and her haven't really been the same. She was so happy back in 2017 when they got together but I feel like he's been bringing her down. "He'll probably come a bit later though"
We talk and talk until Lizzys little sister, James burts through the door "mom says you guys should come hangout with the family" she announces very animated
Lizzy laughs "James chill"
"Cmon let's go" i pick her up and we stroll down the hall and down the stairs to the kitchen
"Heys girls! Cass I heard about your trip congratulations!" Blake pulls me into a hug. I shoot Lizzy a look know she must've told, she shrugs throwing a chip in her mouth.
I take James to sit down next to her dad who was watching Sunday night football. "Hey Ryan!"
"Hey kid! You like football?" He asks
"Uhm no not at all" I laugh the rest of the family sits down with us before we start on dinner.
"Who's that one he's cute?" My mom asks
Ryan laughs "that's Travis Kelce"
Me and Lizzy laugh before Joe walks in earning a side eye from the two of us.
We sit down at dinner soon after. Talking about the worlds and the movies we've watched. Lizzy and her family leave a little after eight. I go up to my room to leave my mom with Joe and call Gracie. "Hey" I say when she answers the phone.
"Hey! How was your day?"
"Good Lizzy and her family came over for dinner. They think your cute" I say walking to the bathroom to take my meme up off
She smiles "your cute"
"Shut up. I think when you come for Halloween we should get matching pajamas and the watch a bunch of Halloween movies" I settle into my bed
"First I have to get my parents to say yes" she signs
"They will trust" I say. We talk for awhile before I head to bed

Authors note:
Short but I'll update again tmr