chapter 01; smiles and laughter

"Sunghoon-ah, come eat!"

Sunghoon opened his eyes and got out of bed as usual, like he did every day. Sunghoon is an 18 year old high school student, he lives with his divorced mother. Sunghoon's father lived an easy life, unlike Sunghoon's mother.

"Morning, Sunghoon. Eat your breakfast okay?" Sunghoon's mother smiled as she put Sunghoon's breakfast down before stroking Sunghoon's hair and heading to the sink.

Sunghoon is a cold child. He doesn't react much, doesn't smile, doesn't laugh, doesn't even cry. He can just be angry. Even though he doesn't often show his anger, his mother doesn't want him to only show that emotion.

Sunghoon opened the front door carefully and went down the small stairs. His mother ran to the front door with his water bottle while continuously saying wait. Sunghoon noticed and turned around, seeing his mother running towards him.

"Your water bottle! Don't forget, stay hydrated okay? Have fun, darling, I love you."

Sunghoon nodded and continued walking.

At Gyeongbuk High School, most of the students are cheerful and energetic. But Sunghoon was always the same, walking weakly while staring at the ground. But there is always one special boy who is not liked by everyone but is very friendly, Kim Sunoo.

"Sunghoon, are you healthy today?" Sunoo asked with a smile while walking backwards.

"Mhm, you?"

"Yea, I'm healthy," Sunoo grinned. The two continued their casual conversation until an unexpected interruption occurred.

Out of nowhere, a tall teenage boy pushed Sunoo, causing him to trip and fall. Sunoo, who was used to such treatment, calmly sat down, fixed his tie, and picked up his handbag. Undeterred, he took off walking.

The teenager and his friends burst into laughter, enjoying the cruel act. As Sunoo distanced himself from the scene, the boy turned his attention to Sunghoon.

"Why are you talking to a girl?" the boy sneered, alluding to Sunoo's usual choice of friends, girls.

Sunghoon remained silent, his expression unchanged. The air around him seemed to grow colder as he stared at the teenager, leaving an unspoken tension at the gate.

The cruel teenager, momentarily surprised by Sunghoon's lack of response, exchanged glances with his friends before laughing and walking away.

As Sunghoon walked into his classroom, he couldn't help but notice a trio of boys crowded around Sunoo's desk.

They were busy scribbling inappropriate messages and smearing marker dust all over the surface. When they saw Sunghoon, sly grins appeared on their faces.

"Oi, Sunghoon, come here!" one of the boys called out, gesturing for him to join in their nasty activity. "Here, smear a little marker dust on this table."

Sunghoon hesitated, glancing at Sunoo's dirty desk. "Isn't this Sunoo's desk?" he asked, but before he could get an answer, the boys interrupted him, forcing him to hurry.