chapter 02; a terrible person

As the evening cast its shadows, Sunghoon finally returned home to the embrace of his worried mother. The door creaked open, and his mother's anxious eyes met his.

"Sunghoon, where have you been? It was getting dark, and I was about to call you," she expressed, her concern etched across her face.

Sunghoon, wearing a stoic expression, mumbled a quiet "Sorry," but provided no insight into his whereabouts. His mother, still worried, searched for answers in his eyes.

Despite the concern, Sunghoon proceeded to his room without uttering a word. The weight of unspoken thoughts lingered in the air, leaving his mother with a mix of confusion and concern.

The door closed behind Sunghoon, enclosing him in the silence of his room.

Mrs. Park sighed before heading to the dining table and sitting on a chair. She had one wish in her mind, she wishes that her son would love her again like he would years ago.

In the quiet bedroom, Sunghoon lay on his bed, the echoes of the evening playing in his mind like a silent film. His thoughts became consumed by Sunoo, the infectious smile, the contagious laughter, and the warmth that Sunghoon had never experienced before Sunoo entered his life.

As he stared at the ceiling, a myriad of emotions washed over Sunghoon. The complexities of their relationship, the moments of tension, and the unexpected joy Sunoo brought to his life all mingled in his contemplative thoughts. Sunghoon acknowledged that he had never encountered such happiness, a sentiment that felt both unfamiliar and strangely comforting.

Sunghoon smiled softly before closing his eyes to sleep.

Amidst the clamor of a noisy classroom, Sunghoon found solace within the pages of a book titled "Melancholia." The world within the book offered a temporary escape from the chaos surrounding him.

In the midst of his reading, Sunoo approached with a curious smile. "Hey, Sunghoon, what are you reading?" Sunoo asked.

Sunghoon, momentarily distracted from the pages, replied, "Melancholia, it's an interesting book."

As Sunoo reached out to inspect the book, Sunghoon's eyes caught a glimpse of a purple bruise on Sunoo's arm. Concern flickered across Sunghoon's face as he asked, "Why is there a bruise on your arm?"

Sunoo's smile faltered, and he quickly hid the bruise with his hand. Sunghoon's genuine worry lingered in the air, but Sunoo, masking his vulnerability, chose to divert attention.

Sunoo then walked away, leaving the classroom abruptly, the noise of the surroundings muffling the echoes of unanswered questions.

Sunghoon slowly gave his focus back to the book but he couldn't stop worrying about Sunoo, he cant focus.

As Sunghoon walked through the bustling hallway, he unexpectedly found himself face-to-face with Jihoon. The tension in Jihoon's expression was palpable, and he wasted no time voicing his frustrations.

"You ruin everything," Jihoon spat out, his frustration evident in his tone. Sunghoon, maintaining his silence, became the recipient of Jihoon's pent-up anger.

Frustrated by Sunghoon's lack of response, Jihoon's irritation escalated. He began hurling hurtful words, attempting to provoke a reaction from the usually composed Sunghoon.