chapter 10; a chance with me

Background Music: Take A Chance With Me - NIKI

Sunghoon stood outside Sunoo's hospital room, a bouquet of lilacs in hand. Taking a deep breath, he gently knocked on the door before entering. The soft scent of flowers filled the room as he stepped inside, greeted by the sight of Sunoo smiling from his hospital bed.

A reciprocal smile played on Sunghoon's lips as their eyes met. "Sunoo-ya," he greeted warmly.

Sunoo's eyes lit up, and a genuine smile graced his face. "Hoon, you brought flowers?" Sunoo's voice held a mixture of surprise and happiness.

"Yeah, thought they might brighten up the room," Sunghoon replied, approaching the bedside before giving it to Sunoo.

Sunoo's smile remained, appreciating the thoughtful gesture. "Thankyou! They're so pretty!" he expressed as he held the bouquet, gratitude evident in his eyes.

"One more day left and you'll be out of here right?" Sunghoon asked with a soft smile.

Sunoo nodded softly. "Yup, you're excited aren't you?"

Sunghoon laughed softly along with Sunoo.

Sunghoon woke up to the sunlight streaming through his curtains, realizing it was a school day. He got ready, dressed, and left for school, but the absence of Sunoo made the familiar walk feel lonely.

While lost in his thoughts, a familiar voice called his name. "Park Sunghoon!"

Turning around, Sunghoon was surprised to see Sunoo, wearing a big scarf around his neck, a blazer covering his uniform, and a wide smile on his face.

Sunghoon's heart skipped a beat as joy flooded him. "Sunoo!" he exclaimed, running towards Sunoo before hugging him tightly.

"You were discharged this early?"

Sunoo chuckled, adjusting his scarf with a playful grin. "I couldn't let you go to school alone. I missed walking with you," he said.

Sunghoon laughed softly. "How's your wound?"

"It's healing well." Sunoo then reached his hand to Sunghoon's ear, checking for a bandaid, but it was gone! No bandaids. "You took the bandaid off?"

Sunghoon nodded. "It healed."

After school, Sunghoon and Sunoo decided to enjoy the winter afternoon together. The crisp air greeted them as they strolled to a nearby park, where a cluster of camellias caught Sunghoon's eye. Pulling out his camera, he framed a perfect shot of the vibrant flowers, while Sunoo watched Sunghoon with a soft smile.

"Looks good."

Sunoo walked away slowly. "Its cold..."

Suddenly, Sunoo fell to the ground with Sunghoon hugging him while he laughed. Sunoo was startled but laughed along with Sunghoon. They playfully threw snowballs at each other, leaving behind a trail of footprints on the white snow.

After throwing snowballs at each other, Sunghoon started to roll a bunch of snow into a giant ball while Sunoo collected sticks and rocks.

Sunghoon shaped the base, while Sunoo added the finishing touches.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow across the snow, Sunghoon decided to capture the moment. With Sunoo posing playfully behind the snowman, he snapped a picture that would forever encapsulate the joy of that winter day.