chapter 14; are we normal people?

Sunoo lied on his bed, feeling under the weather. His mother knocked his room and when she went inside, she saw that the jjigae and rice bowl were not finished.

"Sunoo-ya, didnt you eat your jjigae?"

Sunoo didn't respond, he is lying sideways in his bed.

"Sunoo-ya? Are you sick?"

Sunoo shook his head no. His mother was confused, why is he not eating even though he's not ill? Sunoo's mother then slowly puts the foods on Sunoo's desk before approaching Sunoo on his bed.

"Hey, why wont you eat, sweetie? I'm your mother, you can tell me anything. You dont like the food?"

"No, eomma, I love your cooking but... I just feel guilty whenever I eat."

"Guilty? Why? What do you mean by guilty?"

Sunoo stayed silent, not wanting to explain any further.

"Sunghoon-a," his mother called.

Sunghoon, sitting on his spinning chair, turned back. "What? Knock the door next time."

"Yeah, yeah, not important. Anyways, can you please tell me the dream you had that night?"

Sunghoon paused, dropping his pen. Reminded by his mother, the "I hate you" were repeating in his head.

"Sunghoon-a! Snap out of it!"

"O-oh, sorry..."

Sunghoon's mother sighed. "Just tell me, I wont judge, I just want to know."

Sunghoon breath became shakey. He took a deep breath before telling her. "I-its about Sunoo... He told me that he hated me in my dream, but its not true of course! It's just a dream..."

"Are you okay, Sunghoon? I mean, mentally."

Sunghoon sighed. "I dont even know at this point."

His mother broke hearing that from her own son. Sunghoon's mother then sat down on Sunghoon's bed, a sudden smile appeared on her face.

"You know, Sunghoon-a, you were so difficult to understand as a kid, I mean you're still difficult but you were an emotional kid back then."

"But I don't show much emotions back then, mom..."

Sunghoon's mother chuckled. "Yeah, people thought you were emotionless as a kid, but you weren't always like that, at 5 years old, you would always cry about something."

"Or you would wake up crying saying that everyone's gonna leave you."

Sunghoon stayed silent, listening to his mother explain about how emotional he was as a child, this was really unexpected for Sunghoon since he didnt remember half of his childhood.

"You have been through alot even when you were a baby, you deserve much care and love from everyone, Sunghoon-a. And please, dont try to hide your sadness to me, I'm your mother and you can tell me everything."

Touched by his mother's words and care, Sunghoon nodded with a smile and said, "I will, mom."