chapter 15; euphoria (end)

Sunghoon stepped up to Sunoo's home with a boquet of flowers in hand, he knocked on Sunoo's door and waited patiently for somebody to answer. Finally the door opened, revealing Sunoo's mother.

"Kim-ssi... I am deeply sorry for your loss." Sunghoon gently offered the flowers.

"Sunghoon-a, you really didnt have too..."

Sunghoon smiled softly. "I want too."

Sunoo's mother smiled and opened the door wider. "Well I appreciate it, come inside."

Sunghoon bowed slightly before going inside the home.

Inside, the atmosphere was sad and gloomy. The warm lighting and the smell of flowers made Sunghoon feel at peace though for some reason. Sunoo's mother then told  Sunghoon to sit while she makes him a cup of tea.

As Sunghoon moved his eyes around to observe the house, he asked, "Where's Sunoo?"

"In his room. He hasnt eaten well these past few weeks..."

"Why?"

Sunoo's mother sighed. "I actually have no idea. He said he felt guilty if he eats. Now that his father passed, it made him even worse."

Sunghoon stayed silent as Sunoo's mother gently puts down a cup of tea on the table.

As Sunoo's mother sat down, she sighed. "His father was an evil, evil man. But that doesnt stop Sunoo from loving him. Even if he was afraid."

"Sunoo is a loving person."

"Oh he is... He was a loving child. An obidient child."

Sunghoon sighed. "Can I... Meet him?"

"I don't know, dear. I allow you but... I dont know if he wants to talk to anyone right now. But maybe try first."

Sunghoon nodded.

Sunghoon walked to Sunoo's room and knocked the door gently. "Sunoo-ya," he called.

No response, only silence. Sunghoon knocked again and kept calling Sunoo with a softer voice. Sunghoon waited and waited until Sunoo finally opened the door. Sunghoon was so happy to see him but his smile quickly faded after he saw Sunoo's weak appearance.

His eyebags were visible, he looked slightly skinnier, and his hair were all messed up.

"S-sunoo..."

Both of them went silent. Sunoo's mother on the other hand, peeked from downstairs, her heart broke seeing her son looking like that.

"Do you wanna look for primroses with me?"

Sunghoon and Sunoo sat at the cliff in a comfortable silence. After a while, Sunghoon took out a sandwich from his bag and offered it to Sunoo.

"What?"

"Please eat something."

Sunoo wanted to deny at first but he saw that Sunghoon was desperate to make him eat. Sunoo hesitated but he finally took the sandwich and ate it slowly which made Sunghoon very happy.

"Thankyou for eating, Sunoo. Your mother was dead worried 'bout you."

"I know. I didn't want to eat cause it made me feel guilty and nauseous."