𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 7

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

A/N: I once again ask for your mercy as I took one more day 🛐 atp any job that involves deadlines should NOT be in my future. Imagine all the deadlines I'd miss, shiver me timbers

━━☆・*。
・゜+.
°。+

Mcgonagall opened the doors after confirming that the first years could enter. She expected to see disciplined, if not, perfectly fine students. But alas, she was greeted with the sight of a Malfoy on the ground, a Crabbe and a Goyle in the middle of helping him up, giggling students, and a one so very worried Parkinson.

"What on Merlin's fine beard happened here? " Mcgonagall asked in utter confusion. The students looked at her in silence, some still whispering to eachother about what happened. Athanasia and Hermione had the same level of confusion as Mcgonagall, both tried their best to hold in their laugh. Athanasia turned her head towards Lucas, with an expression that said 'It was you, wasn't it? ' Lucas put up an innocent facade, 'How could you accuse me of such crimes. Why would I ever? ' His face seemed to say. After a moment, Athanasia smiled approvingly. That was enough to make Lucas crack a smile as well.

"Draco fell, professor! I say it was these two who tripped him!" Parkinson accused out of spite, pointing at Ron and Harry. Both of them looked at her, eyes narrowed in disbelief at how ridiculous she sounded. Mcgonagall turned to Harry and Ron, as if about to question them, but Athanasia was quicker.

Athanasia and the other two had moved a little further to the front. Raising her hands, Athanasia spoke. "Actually, professor-- Harry and Ron weren't even close enough to trip him!" She reasoned, which was technically true, Draco had moved back after Harry rejected him, enough to create quite the distance between them. This made the other students, who were standing near the front, think. A few started to whisper, saying that she was correct.

Mcgonagall frowned at Parkinson and then sighed, looking at the students. "We are ready for you inside. Come, we mustn't delay the sorting. And Parkinson, do refrain from making such extemporaneous accusations."

Ron and Harry sighed in relief. Draco didn't feel like speaking as he was too embarrassed from his fall. Athanasia and Hermione laughed silently, while Lucas looked bored, disappointed that the show ended so soon. He looked calmly at Draco and his band of goons as they glared at Harry and Ron. But his eyes narrowed, twitching slightly as he heard Parkinson's thoughts. 'If it weren't for that girl! If she didn't interrupt me, Dracipoo would have gotten back at those two..'

'Ah, nevermind then. There's another one in progress, anyway.' He thought with an excited smirk as he watched Parkinson cling onto Draco's arms as they walked hand in hand, Draco showing great signs of annoyance towards her. 'I'll surely teach her a lesson later.' Thought Parkinson, a determined look on her face as she looked back, sending a nasty scoff at Athanasia, who didn't even notice as she was too busy talking with Hermione about Hogwarts: A history.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" Said Mcgonagall as she unfolded the parchment where the names of the students to be sorted were listed. A few students looked nervous, while the rest were ecstatic.

"I'm a bit nervous, are you?" Hermione whispered to Athanasia, who looked at her warmly. " 'Mione, you'll do great in any house you get sorted in." She assured her with confidence, rubbing her back softly, which made Hermione calm down. "So will you." Hermione said with the same demeanor Athanasia had used before, making them both let out a tiny laugh before turning their attention towards the sorting.