𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

A/N: my tablet is gone ok. hopefully only permanantly because the laptop im using rn is literally broken and I can't type properly because the text cursor keeps on moving here and there as if it thinks it's the shit and can do whatever it wants ☠️☠️  also exam literally starts in May brooooo bet imma pull up w/ a 16/100 in maths lmfao (im crying)

━━━☆・*。
・゜+.
°。+

"Bloody hell! How did you manage to get that ?" Ron asked in astonishment, his eyes looking as if they were about to pop out as he stared enviously at the family sized chocolate frog which were inside Athanasia's pocket under the shrinking charm until then; which seemed to happen quite a lot, as they noticed. Lunch period was almost ending, but Lucas was still nowhere to be found.

Athanasia chuckled nervously at Ron's statement-- Thing was, Claude coincidentally happened to be done with all his paperwork by the time Athanasia had to leave with Felix and Lily (and a few other guards who would be in the crowds in disguises) for Diagon Alley. Strangely, Felix didn't make it past the palace gates. So naturally, Claude had to accompany her instead. Athanasia wasn't sure if that was at all a good thing, for the moment they reached Diagon Alley, eyes seemed to be glued onto them. Middle aged women especially to her father. 

Changing their jewel eyes to a more natural colour was the most significant effort they put into their 'disguise', adding a cloak to their catalogue (made with the finest of silk, of course). However, no clothing could even slightly veil their beauty. Hence, to summarize, they attracted way too much attention than intended (there was not a single intent to attract attention), and barely bought most of the necessities for the school year itself. For everything at which Athanasia expressed even a single sign of interest (which was almost everything), Claude ordered the guards to buy. In short, the shops in Diagon Alley flourished that day and Athanasia deemed said day: a disaster; resulting in them retiring back to their dimension early, and Athanasia to firmly refuse any other company other than Lucas the next day to re-visit Diagon Alley.

10 family sized chocolate frogs were bought that day. 10 limited edition, all 10 that were in stock that day which were and would only ever have been available that particular day-- And Athanasia hadn't managed to finish a single one. 

Athanasia grinned at the Golden Trio, pulling out two more of the chocolate frogs and gave it to each of them, and to a few other intensely gazing Gryffindors beside them. "Eat your fill-- I've got lots." She said, patting her pocket which contained the remaining 3 chocolate frogs which she meant for her, Vivienne, and Aryn.

Hermione examined the box of said chocolate frog she'd recieved, thanking Athanasia sincerely before carefully putting it inside her pocket. Having dentists as parents meant chocolate was one enemy of their family. However, she would definitely snack on it secretly, if she manages to catch the frog, that is. 

What? She's 12, in a bit of a rebellious state.

Harry tilted his head curiously, whispering 'frog...', a tiny smile on his face before doing the same as Hermione.

Ron stared at the large box of a chocolate frog in his hands as if he'd just touched divinity, wasting no time to open it up. Although he forgot to plan after that, as a big frog made out of chocolate jumped right out and away from him as soon as he removed the cover. 

But the frog stopped mid-air. The group of four turned their heads towards the approaching raven haired male with an unmistakable mole under his left eye.

"Careful with that. Could've jumped into my face and..." Said Lucas, scrunching his face as he imagined the frog on his face. He shrugged it off, "Anyway--" He paused, looking at the wide eyed Gryffindors staring back and forth between him and the frozen frog in the air. 

"Wandless--" Percy Weasley muttered in shock, unable to continue, a few others sympathizing with him. 

Lucas 'hm?'ed at them. "So?" He asked, tilting his head innocently. But ah, it was all a facade. But he was having so much fun messing with them.

Percy's remark was followed by a Gryffindor second year student whose name Athanasia had a hard time remembering. "Frog-- Stopped--" The unnamed Gryffindor pointed out. "The levitating charm-- I still have a hard time mastering it! And you--" He added.

Lucas cleared his throat, "Skill issue." he quickly 'whispered ', which earned a few snorts. Said unnamed Gryffindor spoke no more, speechless. 

Ron coughed, trying to divert the subject back to Lucas' act. "Non verbally, at that..." Ron mumbled, getting up, walking towards his chocolate frog that had just recently became a resident of the air.

Lucas hummed nonchalantly, "You guys didn't know I could?" 

"Of course not!" The Gryffindor table (with the exception of Ron and Harry whom upon reconsidering remembered the other times Lucas used wandless magic and casted nonverbally in front of them, and Hermione who'd figured things out by then, and a well aware Athanasia) semi-whispered in usion. Somehow, on-lookers who came all the way from the Ravenclaw table joined in one sided interrogation towards Lucas. The Slytherins simply ignored the commotion, bidding good riddance; and the Hufflepuffs merely hung their ears just enough to hear, and closed their mouths just enough to whisper to eachother. 

Hermione cleared her throat "But you all did know that Athy could do the same, didn't you?" She asked them, feeling the urge to show off her best friend's great talents. Once again, hushed exclaimations roused in the now formed crowd around the Gryffindor table-- with the exception of the first year Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors who had DADA with Athanasia in first period. Athanasia's brows raised at the confusion, thinking that they were already aware.

"You guys didn't know I could?" She asked the crowd with a genuinely confused expression that matched everyone else's.

"For Merlin's Sake." Said a tired Percy, getting out of his seat, walking away. 

Another day, another questionaire regarding the topic 'Athanasia de Alger Obelia.'

━━━━━━━━━━
☆・. *・。
・゜+.
°。+

"Perhaps my urinal emergency should've been postponded." Aryn deadpanned at the sight of the Great Hall gathered at the Gryffindor table like ants sensing sugar. 

Vivienne crossed her arms, "Why is lunch time lasting so long too..."

━━━━━★. *・。゚✧⁺

A/N: I WROTE THIS IN ONE NIGHT MUAHAHHHAH IM SO AMAZING FOR THIS LIKE DAMN IM FAST DAMNNNNNNNNN NO CUZ LIKE OTHER CHAPTERS TOOK ME LIKE DAYS, BUT THIS??? ONLY 2 HOURS LIKEEEE god im js so me its crazy (i was procrastinating my homework which is literally guilt tripping me by sitting right next to my silly ahh byeeee😭 )

notice how im slowly tryna remove Aryn and Viv's presence? well I can't bring myself to kill them off so 🎀🎀 maybe in 4th year 🎀🎀🎀  IM JS JOKING PLEASE IM NOT A TYRANT

━━━☆・*。
・゜+.
°。+

Words: 1159
Date published: 27/03/24