જ⁀➴𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄

"There is not a party going on right here."

"Shouldn't we wait for Trollstice?" Everyone collectively sighed in relief.

"Sire, every day is Trollstice when you have trolls." The chef placed Creek in a taco and set him down on a plate in front of the king.

"Yeah, I guess." Gristle was just about to eat Creek when he lowered the taco again. "But my dad said the first time should be special."

More sighs.

"Well, you're the king now." Chef poured a few drops of hot sauce on Creek to tempt King Gristle.

"Yeah, I am the king." And right before the taco could enter his mouth, "But I think I should share this moment with all the kingdom."

"Eat it!" Chef shoved the taco into his mouth, causing everyone to gasp.

"No!" Poppy shrieked.

"What? What happened?" Mireya tugged on Branch's vest for answers.

"The king ate Creek." Mexican music started to play in the kitchen.

"What?!"

"Idget, lock these trolls in your room and guard them with your life!" Chef threw her wooden spoon at Bridget and it hit her right on her forehead.

"Yes, chef."

Mireya stood to see the king and the chef walking out the room.

"Branch! Branch, we have to save him!" Poppy almost jumped out to the king.

"Save him from what? His stomach?" Branch held onto her arm to keep her with them.

"Branch, shut up." Mireya turned Poppy's attention to her. "Poppy, it's too late for Creek. But it's not too late for the others."

"We didn't see him chew. We didn't see him swallow!"

"Face it, Poppy. Sometimes people go into other people's mouths and they don't come out."

"He's right. Going after Creek would be suicide."

"I'm sorry, Poppy." Branch whispered to her with a soft tone.

She looked to King Gristle walking out and turned her gaze to Bridget, carting her friends away. With no hesitation, she jumped, slid down a ladder, suffered her way across a table, and swung herself onto a loop in Bridget's knot.

Branch jumped after her. Jumping across the guards' hats and onto another loop. Mireya, wanting to save her stamina, swung onto the ceiling beams with her hair and landed between the two.

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

When Bridget entered her room, the trio hopped off her and hid under a table, watching her set down the cage on her nightstand.

"Scullery maid!" The chef's voice echoed through a pipe that exited at Bridget's ceiling.

Hundreds of dished fall out of the pipe, and onto Bridget. "Wash these pots and pans for Trollstice." Poppy ran to the bedside, Branch and Mireya following suit. "The king's inviting everyone. Except you."

Bridget burst into tears and ran to her bed. She opened her drawer to reveal a pile of magazines with Gristle on the front covers. She picked one up and admired the pages.

BRIDGET

I've been alone
With you inside my mind