જ⁀➴𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐘

"Hey Boytoy, it's mullet time."

BARB OPENED UP HER ARMS WHIKE SHE WAITED FOR THE ULTIMATE GUITAR TO LAND IN HER ARMS. When it did, she posed with a proud smile across her face.

"Give it up for your former leaders!" She pointed to them as she listed them off. "Funk, Country, Techno, Classical... and worst of all, Pop." Poppy's cell turned around to face the crowd. They booed to her.

"Who wants to see what the ultimate power chord can do?" Everyone cheered and Barb prepared to hit Poppy with the ultimate power chord but then, she was hit by a... air balloon manual?

They all looked around to find where it came from and spotted an air balloon in the sky.

"Ha! I guess a giant comprehensive manual does come in handy." Branch smirked as he got closer. Flynn had tears well up in her eyes, but she kept them in, fearing if anyone saw that.

"Well, isn't that puke." Barb chuckled, "Poppy's little boyfriend came to crazy the concert. Too late, Branch!"

"Wait!" Branch jumped out the balloon and swung his way in front of Poppy before the line of rock could hit her.

He was covered in a cocoon of lava rock and fell to the stage. Barb slowly inched closer to him, hoping it worked. Flynn stared at it, hoping he'd break free from his cage intact.

The rock cracked in half, and a rock possessed Branch was revealed. Flynn gasped and stumbled back, eyeing the shell of her brother.

He held up his arm and shouted, "Rock on!" Causing the entire stadium to cheer.

"Who's ready to get rippin' tattoos everywhere but our faces incase we still need office jobs? Rah!" Branch yelled. Flynn might've laughed if she wasn't so stunned with such mixed emotions.

"You're turning everyone into rock zombies?" Poppy questioned from her cage while Flynn walked up to Barb with a tether.

"Yup. I can't wait to party with you, Poppy."

"Be careful." Flynn whispered while clipping Barb onto the tether.

"I will." Barb responded softly before jumping while a ship flew her around, and she turned every leader into rock zombies.

She landed back onto the stage and heard the door to Poppy's cage squeak as it opened.

"Not so fast, Popsqueak. Hey Boytoy," Barb smiled to Branch, "It's mullet time."

Branch growled(ew gross😭☠️) as he used all his hair to grab Poppy before she could escape.

"Care to do the honors?" Barb tossed the guitar to Flynn. And against her better judgement, the side of her that had grown strong for the past 2 years decided. She played a small riff on the guitar and struck Poppy.

Her cell fell to the stage and out popped a new Poppy. Flynn couldn't believe herself.

"Who wants to party?! Without smiling." The crowd had never gone louder.

Flynn gave to guitar back to Barb, who then threw it to Poppy. "Finish them off." And she gestured to Cooper, King Peppy, and Prince D.

Poppy played a long and complicated riff as she got closer to the edge of the stage. Before she could attack, she winked to Cooper and turned to guitar to Barb and Flynn.

Their faces retorted. What happened?

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be a rock zombie!" Barb shouted to Poppy, who picked two gumdrops from her ears.

"Gumdrops. Soundproof and delicious." She tossed them into her mouth, earning some disgusted groans from audience members, and Flynn.

"Give us that!" Flynn held out her hand for the guitar.

"I'm not gonna let you do this to anyone else! A world where everyone looks the same and sounds the same? That's not harmony." Poppy's stance confirmed, she meant business. And she was mad.

"Hey, Barb?" A spotlight pointed to Riff. "Hi. Maybe Queen Poppy has a point. If we all look the same, act the same, dress the same, how will anyone know we're cool or something?"

"A good queen listens. Real harmony takes lots of voices." Poppy ran as Barb tried to snatch the guitar from her. She runs to the edge of the stage and slams the guitar into the ground. "Different voices!"

Everyone's color is sucked into the strings. They're all gray.

Branch stands, dizzy at first, and he sees Mireya. He doesn't believe it at first, but then Poppy rushes to him to make sure he's okay and he sees clearly. His little sister, the one who'd been gone all this time, was right there.

"No..." Barb crouched down in front of the broken guitar, taking the strings in her hand. "My strings."

Flynn walked up behind her and hugged her from behind in an attempt to comfort her. But instead, Barb stood and yelled to Poppy.

"What have you done? You destroyed music!"

Poppy and Branch had no reaction to this. They just... stood there silently.

"Give it up, everybody. Thanks to the Queen of Pop, we've all lost our music." Barb was evidently pissed. "History repeats itself. Pop has ruined everything."

Flynn tried to calm her down, to no avail. She whispered to her to comfort her, receiving a small smile in return.

It was quiet. No one knew what to do. Until Cooper heard a sound. He felt the sound.

His heartbeat.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Words:892

Sorry this is a little short, just trying to get this published and I don't rlly want any songs to be divided into more than one chapter so