જ⁀➴𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐔𝐃𝐀

"You know, other than your terrible taste in music and clothing and general lifestyle, you and me are the same, Popsqueak."

"WAIT, WHAT?" Flynn's eyes widened.

"They found Queen Poppy! Now, let's go so we can get the string!" Barb was using all her strength to pull Flynn to a small buggy. "Oh, I can't wait to see the look on her face!"

Barb motioned for some other trolls to come and help, and she laughed as they ran.

★🎸🎧⋆。 °⋆

A couple of trolls ran ahead of them, and grabbed Poppy's arms. As they got closer, deep down in Flynn's mind, she was getting nervous. But for the most part, she was actually completely calm.

After a while, all this didn't really faze her.

Barb leaned against the buggy, "I thought I heard a yodel."

Poppy looked to Barb and gasped, "Queen Barb!"

Barb grabbed the string from a Yodeler and played a tiny riff from it. Her and Flynn smiled as they heard it, slightly mesmerized.

"The final notes of Pop. It will never invade anyone's brain again." Barb hid it in her bracelet.m

Poppy shouted at them, "I'm not gonna let you do this!"

Barb and Flynn turned around and look Poppy up and down. Poppy's facial expression softened ever so slightly at the sight of Flynn.

Barb stifled a laugh, "This is who I've been worried about? This little pipsqueak?" They inches closer to Poppy.

"I'll never stop fighting until I make things right. And I'm not a pipsqueak!" Poppy tried her best to pull out of the trolls' grip of her.

Barb, who was leaning down, stood on the top of her toes, "Uh, yeah, you are. 'Cause I'm like, a while centimeter taller than you."

Poppy jumped as an attempt to kick Barb, "Leave me alone!"

"Leave you alone? Uh, I'm sorry- You were the one who was all desperate to be best friends."

"Yeah, she can change her pretty quickly if she wants to." Poppy glanced at Flynn, doing a double take and staring at her, inspecting her face.

"...Mireya?" Flynn's smirk dropped and she plastered a frown on her face. Barb glanced at Flynn, almost squinting her eyes.

"Who's that?" Flynn crossed her arms and Poppy exhaled in surprise and confusement.

"Get your hands off me!" Poppy tried to break free once more.

"Oh, okay. All right. You're feisty, I respect that." Barb laughed weakly, "Strong woman to strong woman, am I right? But you know who else was feisty?"

Flynn's eyes showed the smallest tinge of empathy for Poppy. "Pop Village."

Poppy frowned, tears welled up in her eyes as she yelled out. "Oh, no. No! How could you?" The last line directed more at Flynn.

"We just walked in and took the string." Flynn got in Poppy's face. "Because no one should ever have to go a day with Pop going into their ears." If you looked close enough, you could see Flynn's instant regret. Poppy saw it, but she wasn't sure if it was real or not.

★🎸🎧⋆。 °⋆

They had arrived at Volcano Rock City. Barb and Flynn had thrown Poppy into a cage cell. The concert was about to start.

"So Popcorn, is being my best friend everything you could have ever dreamed of?" Barb smugly questioned Poppy as she was tossed into a cell.

"I am not your best friend." Poppy stood tall and there was no sign of a smile on her face.

"You don't have to be embarrassed. I get it. Being queen can get, kinda lonely." Barb watched the crowd chant her name, "There's all this pressure to be a great queen. And instead of real friends, you're just surrounded by people who just tell you what you wanna hear."

She caught herself and skipped back to Poppy's cell. "You know, other than your terrible taste in music and clothing and general lifestyle, you and me are the same, Popsqueak."

Flynn walked into the room as Poppy denied the allegations. "We're both queens who just to unite the world."

When Barb spotted Flynn, her face lit up. She started towards her best friend.

"You don't wanna unite the world. You want to destroy it!" Poppy shouted through the barbs of her cell.

"Nuh-uh. No way. No. I don't know who told you that." Flynn opened the case to the ultimate electric guitar and watched as Barb pulled out the Pop string, and put it in with the rest of the strings. "Music had done nothing but divide us. Now that I have all the strings, I can make us all one nation of trolls, under rock."

Barb took the guitar and threw it into the air. It floated in front of her, which made her laugh. Poppy looked to Flynn, who had a somber look on her face. When Flynn noticed Poppy, she cleared her throat and looked away, angry.

"What are you gonna do?" Poppy asked Barb.

Barb pulled Flynn closer to her and tossed her an electric guitar. "Play the ultimate power chord and then... you'll see!"

A lift lowered the duo onto the stage, and Flynn jumped off the back to play her part of the music from behind Barb.

All the Rockers chanted Barb's name in unison. And she jumped towards them, singing her song.

BARB

So this ain't the end
I saw you again today
I had to turn my heart away

Barb smiled at Flynn, who didn't notice because she was focused on perfecting her chords.

Smile like the sun
Kisses for everyone
And tales, it never fails

Surges of lava shot out on beat. It was quite the visual. Barb enjoyed the natural light show as she performed.

You're lying so low in the weeds
I bet you're gonna ambush me
You'd have me down, down, down, down
On my knees
Now won't 'ya?

She turned to the band, a suspicious look adorning her face. When the music quieted down, Flynn looked to where the spotlight pointed, spotting her friends from Pop Village. They're so screwed. She thought to herself.

To her surprise, Biggie screamed 'BARRACUDA!' and slammed a guitar into the ground. And it seemed to work for the Rock Trolls because it got Barb to laugh and everyone else cheered.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Words:1029