Chapter 2

Optimus awoke to the sound of Volt moving around on the berth. He grumbled a bit but let him get off the berth if he wanted. Volt didn't seem to like the idea of staying in the berth because he squirmed out of Optimus arms and climbed off the berth onto the floor. Optimus just let him walk, around his room since the door was closed it didn't really matter.

Volt seemed like he was having the time of his life wondering around his berthroom. Volt turned to look at him he red and blue optics just staring at him. "Carrier? " Volt said quite loudly which made Optimus freeze a bit. One of the bots must have heard this because they stoped right out side his door. Volt squeaked happily and made his way back over to Optimus. Optimus was smiling but still a bit worried about the bot the must have heard him.

Volt climbed back onto the berth the best he could, Optimus ended up helping him up. "Carrier" Volt said happily as he grabbed onto Optimus servos. "Volt you have to be quite you can go around saying that, if you really want to call me that, I'm your Sire not carrier" Volt didn't seem to like this idea much but he stoped calling him carrier for now. They say there just looking at each other for a bit, until there was a knock on the door. "Optimus?" He got off his berth and walked over to the door, opening it to reveal Arcee.

"Yes Arcee" Arcee looked at Optimus with a small smile. "Ratchet found an energon spike, we where about to go and check it out" Optimus nodded as Volt walked over to him hugging his leg tightly. "I'll be right there" Arcee looked at Volt with a smile then went back over to where the others where. Optimus signed before picking Volt up and closing the door and walking to the middle of base.

Bee, Arcee and Bulkhead where waiting for him so he set the sparkling on the floor by Ratchet, then walked over to the others. Ratchet looked down at the sparkling, he sighed but didn't argue with Optimus. Plus the kids seemed like they wanted to play with him. Ratchet opened the ground bridge and watched them walk threw. "Where's carrier going?" Volt said in a sad tone, Ratchet and the kids where the only ones here now to here that.

"What's a carrier?" Miko asked confused to why the sparkling was saying that. Ratchet was also a little confused, because Optimus would be his sire not carrier, but he also new Optimus wanted Volt being his son to stay a secret. "A carrier is in your terms a mother" Ratchet said glancing down a Volt who was looking at the ground bridge sad. "So the sparkling is missing its mother? That's so sad, we would find her" Miko said getting more exited as her plain was forming in her mind.

"That's not a great idea Miko, what if his mother is a con. Then we have a whole new problem to deal with" Jack said putting a hand on her shoulder. Miko gave him a pouty. "But he misses his mother, we can't just leave him with out her" Ratchet sighed and crouched on the ground near Volt. "Miko that's a great idea, but we don't know who his mother is. Plus" He hesitated, but he new that if he didn't tell the the real truth they would stress Optimus out more.

"His sire, or father is all ready here, and because of that it wouldn't matter much if we found his mother right now" Miko and Raf gasped, and Miko got that exited look in her eyes. "Who's the father of this sparkling?" Raf asked as he looked at Volt a little more. "First of all you can't tell anyone else this and it stays between us" All 3 kids nodded waiting to here who the sire was.

"This sparkling's name is Volt and his sire is Optimus" Miko gasped, and Raf and Jack had a shocked look. "Optimus is a father, no wonder he seems so protective of Volt" Raf said with a smile. "And looks so much like him" Miko added giving Volt a small pat on the helm. "Well almost like him, it seems to me he takes on more of the colors of his mother" Raf said in the smart tone he uses when he has an observation. Ratchet nodded, he hadn't really noticed it before. "That is true, but it's none of our business who the carrier is unless Optimus tells us" Jack nodded agreeing with him, Miko didn't even seem to be listening just playing with Volt.

Optimus requested a ground bridge, to which Ratchet quickly opened hoping they had managed to at least get a few cubes of energon. To his surprise though there where two cart fulls. "Seems to me things went well" Bulkhead nodded as he was the last to walk threw. "It seemed abandoned at the moment, not cons there at all it was perfect" Bulkhead said as he walked over to Miko all ready telling her about what happened, even if they didn't see any cons. Arcee and Bee went over to talk to Raf and Jack. Optimus just seemed lost in thought, he was so lost in thought that when Ratchet when over to talk to him he seemed a bit startled. "My apologies Optimus I didn't mean to startle you" Optimus just nodded walking past Ratchet and over to the computers.

Ratcheted grumbled under his breath, he pulled Optimus back over so they could talk. "Optimus who is the carrier of Volt. Your so distracted that you can't barely even get any work done, it's only been two days for crying out loud. Maybe it would've better if you gave Volt to his carrier" Ratchet said then waited for Optimus to say something, he just seemed tense and about ready to snap at him. He took a deep breath in before talking, "I am not able to do that Ratchet, even if I wanted to I can't" Ratchet gave Optimus a confused look but Optimus said no more as he walked back over to the computers.

Volt walked up to Bee with a giggle as he tapped on Bumble Bees pede. "I'm hungry" Bee nodded and picked Volt up making his way over to there energon storage. Optimus didn't seem to notice because he was to focused on the stuff on the computers. Ratchet hated when Optimus was like this, it affected everyone. "I'll be in my berthroom if you need me" Ratchet said walking away.

Bee came back some time later with a asleep Volt in is arms. Arcee took this chance to finally hold Volt. "He feel asleep right after he ate" Bumble bee beeped, Arcee just laughed softly smiling down at the sparkling. Optimus finally looked away from the computers and put some cornets into the ground bridge. "Where are you going Optimus" Miko asked with a raised brow.

"There's an energy spike, I'm going to check it out" Optimus opened the bridge and walked threw without saying a word. Miko huffed and rolled her eyes. "What's the matter Miko?" Bulkhead asked confused by her actions. "Optimus, he's being all angry and sassy" Miko said glancing at Volt then back to Jack, he new what Miko wanted to do. He shakes his head telling her it's not there place to say much.

Volt slowly opened his optics with a big yawn. He looked around trying to spot Optimus red and blue frame, but one he saw that he was no where to be found he started to call out for him. "Sire?" Volt looked around trying to spot Optimus, he even squirmed out of Arcees arms. "Where's my Sire?" Volt said again walking around the base looking in different rooms. "Why is the sparkling acting so strange, he hasn't said anything about his sire the whole times he's been here" Bulkhead said looking from Volt to Arcee and Bee.

They both shrugged as Bee walked over and picked Volt up. Miko wanted to tell them so badly on why Volt was acting this way, Jack and Raf where trying there best to stop her. There attempts failed, "I know why Volts acting this way" She shouted, moving over to the railing to talk to the bots better. "Who's Volt?" Bee beeped yet again confused by what's going on. Miko pointed to the sparkling in his arms. "That's Volt, and his sire is Optimus that why he's acting like this. He just wanted his father back" All the bots had a shocked look on there faceplates, out of all bots they never thought that Optimus would have had a sparkling.