Dreams

***

We had driven through a long road, but he took a turn to a small road and I could now see a big house hid behind the trees.

He parked in front of the white mansion, it was for sure big. It was old but a bit renovated. Making it seem even more expensive.

He stopped the car and put out the keys. I looked out the window shocked. Admiring the view.

"Pretty, right?" He looked at me and I nodded.

I opened the door and walked out. I started to walk up the small hill, towards the house.

I stood in front of the mansion, looking at every detail. I couldn't explain it but I really liked this house. It was like a dream.

I looked behind me to see Tom walking towards me, he had one hand in his pocket.

He stood besides me and looked at the house with me.
"You'll like it here." He said, still having his sunglasses on.

"I think I will." I replied, smiling.

Tom seemed like a calm and nice person. He dressed pretty scary and could probably beat me down if he wanted to, but he didn't seem like that type of person.

He took a step forward, signalling me to follow and so I did.
I followed him to the big wooden door. It had some code on it. He pressed the buttons and the door unlocked. It seemed to have great security.

We stepped inside and there was a big red carpet, a lot of Victorian furniture and details. I loved it. He quickly walked over to a big table, there was a few papers on it that he quickly put them away in a drawer. Closed it and then looked at me. He smiled and so I walked over to the table next to him. "You can sit down." He said, politely.
I sat down on a chair and he started talking.
"As you know, you'll paint for me." He said, having his hands on the table.
"Yes, how much will you pay me?" I asked.

He looked at me for a second. "That depends, we'll see." He sighed.

"Oh, right, ofcourse." I couldn't really understand what he meant, but I really didn't want to loose this opportunity.

"We can let you live here, we have a spare room upstairs and I feel like that's better for both us and you." He spoke.

I sat there for a second, I played a little bit with my hands. I was a bit unsure.

"I'll let you think about it, but it's a great opportunity. It would be a bummer if you lost it." He had his arms crossed. 

I now felt a bit forced, I really couldn't say no. It all was going so great and a great job. But live here, I mean it is great but I don't know if I felt like living so close to my own boss.

"Maybe show me around first?" I asked.

"Why not." He stood up and so did I.

He walked confidently into the hallway, on the long carpet down the hall. I followed behind like a scared cat.
There were some doors, into different rooms. But he didn't open any of them. He just continued to walk down the hallway and then we saw a few stairs. They were old wooden stairs.  He looked up and took a step up and so I followed him.
We got up and there were two rooms and a bigger room with windows around it.

He looked to the right room and walked inside.
"This could be yours." He said. Holding his hands together.

The room was pretty big, it was plain but big. A lot better than my apartment. The room was coloured white and outside was a balcony.
"This could be all yours." He smiled.
I let out a squel as I looked around. This all excited me. It was literally my dream. I'd always wanted a big White House, my own room to paint with a balcony and big windows. It was almost like fantasy. In the middle of the room was a big bed, a pretty desk with a big brown wooden wardrobe. The room had a big lamp but also a small one besides the bed on a cupboard.
It was literally my dream house.

"It's really lovely" I smiled while I walked towards the window.

He laughed a bit.

"What?" I asked, turning around.

He just stood there, smiling. "Nothing, it's just, your accent." He smiled.

"What about it?" I laughed, looking out at the balcony again.

He was about to reply when we heard footsteps coming from the stairs, and a face popping up with a smile when he saw me, it was bill. He walked into the room behind Tom, he was taller but slimmer than Tom.
"Your the girl from the cafe!" He smiled while walking towards me. He shook my hand and so did I.
"Pleasure!" I shook his hand.

We let go and he stood besides Tom again.

"You should stay" bill said, kindly.

"I think I will." I smiled and looked at Tom.

His face lit up at my words. "Shall we paint tonight?" He asked.

"Isn't it best if I, you know.. land first?" I asked a bit unsure.

His smile cooled down a bit. "Right, but I'd like to paint soon." He said.

"Yes, sure." I cleared my throat.

"We can start tomorrow, 12 o'clock." He said, quite determined.

"Yes, sir" I said quickly, I didn't even know why I had said that. I felt embarrassed immediately and I couldn't come up with anything to save me.

Tom and bill just looked at each other with a smirk.

"Fuck." I murmured to myself, quiet enough so they couldn't hear it.

It was going so good but I fucked up, why did I have to say that.

***