Smile at the camera

***

My ears was ringing and my body felt heavy,
I could barley open my eyes but I was able to at last. My body was a bit shaken when I dragged myself up from the asphalt floor. My hands felt dirty as I lifted myself up. I grunted in when I felt pain in my neck.

I put a hand on my neck as I turned my body. Sitting down on the ground. I grunted and finally opened my eyes fully. I was in a dark cold room, it was small but still quite big. But the only light coming from a small window. I got myself up and scratched my knee. I let out a small ow but that didn't help. I got up and felt my legs being stiff but still being able to walk.

I walked to the window and realised I was in some sort of basement. The window was high up and I could see from the ground. I saw grass and a few trees but that was it. It was light outside though so I could see. I turned around and saw that a there was a lamp on the ceiling. It was off though.

I felt my heart racing, I was scared. I didn't even know where I was. All I knew was that I was in a strange basement.
I turned my head and could see a metal door, I walked closer and tried opening it but it was obviously locked. I pushed it a few times but I failed. "Come on" I grunted. It was impossible.

I searched around the room for something, anything. But I couldn't come up with anything.

I then heard a slight click coming from the corner of the roof. I looked up and I saw what it was, it was a fucking camera. Facing me with a slight red light flickering.

"The fuck." I said to myself, standing still. Looking into it.

I took a deep breath, I didn't know what to do. I felt betrayed, lured. I thought I was coming here for a job, but now I'm in someone's basement. Even with bruises.

"Will you explain to me what the fucks going on." I said, holding my hands in fists and looking into the camera.  "What am I doing here?" I said, I knew they were watching. Since the camera followed me and was on.

I breathed heavily, hiding my fear. Calming myself down.

I suddenly heard noises come from outside. It was heavy but slow footsteps. I turned my head around, noticing the light from outside and shadows from his shoes, standing outside the room.

I was silent, waiting for him to do something.

I heard the door unlock from outside with a key and the door opened, I saw him, Tom. Standing in the doorway with the key In his hand.
I slowly breathed, not moving.

"What am I doing here?" I asked once again.

He looked at me without an expression. "You're just trouble." He said, turning to me.

"Trouble?" I said, looking at him angrily. "I just wanted a job, but what the hell." I said moving closer to the door. "I won't stay here." I said while pushing myself towards him, trying to go out the door but he stopped me with an intense push to the ground. Having his hands on my waist as he pushed me down.

I squealed as I hit the floor with my back.  Holding my neck when I looked up, seeing his slow footsteps coming closer. Standing in front of me.
"I don't believe that was our deal." He said, standing still right in front of my legs.

"Shit" I yelled.
I slowly tried sitting up.

"I will certainly not paint for you anymore." I mumbled out. Scared but also annoyed.

He slowly sat down on his knees. "Is that so?" He asked as I looked at him confused.

He then pushed me aggressively on my shoulders so i fell closer to the wall. I yelled in pain as I laid there. Now it really hurt, my back started to ache.
I slowly sat up from the ground. Biting my lips in pain as I looked up at him.

He walked closer and closer while I tried to push myself away from him, but the wall stopping me.

He walked fast towards me, as well as sitting down. He looked calm yet furious. Which scared me.

He quickly got something from his pocket, it was a silver pocket knife, that he held with one hand. He slightly smiled while looking into my eyes. "Does that make you scared?" He asked, smiling.

"Stop it." I said, backing my head away from him. Feeling my heart beat racing.

"I can almost hear your heartbeat though, and you're eyes. Oh your eyes." He laughed. "They're teary." He said. Placing the knife against my neck. Making me gasp for air, feeling the cold knife almost cutting my throat.

He held the knife so tight that I couldn't breathe or even talk. I just looked up at him while my arms were shaken and eyes watery. But I didn't cry, I just couldn't.

"Come on, cry." He demanded. "You're just too sensitive." He looked at my arms while smiling.

"Ngh.." I gasped for air. "No.." I was able to let out.

He looked up at my neck again. Seeing a glimpse of blood running down his knife. Not a lot, but enough.
He didn't smile anymore though. "Do it." He said, and I could see how hard he held the knife, his nuckles getting white.

I just looked at his hand in fear. He basically played with death.

I felt my eyes water but a tear didn't fall down my cheek. I couldn't give that satisfaction to him. I just couldn't.

He looked at me one last time before letting go. And quickly standing up with the knife in his hand.

I gasped and took deep breaths. Placing my hand on my throat, feeling a some fresh blood on my hand. Feeling my hand shake as I looked at the blood. My throat fucking hurt from the cut but it wasn't enough to make blood gushing out or get me killed. It could've been a lot worse.

I looked up at him. Now feeling a tear slowly run down my cheek. Watching as his head tilted with a grin when I quickly wiped the tear off my face.

"There it is." He said, running his fingers away from my shoulder.

***