Funny liquids

***

"There it is" he said, removing his hand from my shoulder.

I swallowed as I wiped away the tear from my cheek, I didn't even mean to cry. It was just from fear. "Whatever" my shaken voice said.

Tom scoffed, placing the red knife in his pocket.

His face had a grin, his silver piercing slightly shimmering as the light hit it just right. His medium brown eyes full of secrets.

I grunted as I turned my body, I felt my neck hurt and I placed my hand on the bruise. The needle had hit something like a nerve or something to make this much of a bruise, since how much it hurt.

I gripped my hand on the asphalt floor, feeling the cold touch my fingers. My body scratching the wall and floor as I sat there struggling for a while. 

I hadn't felt this mistreated in a long time. It was shocking. I didn't realise how it really felt since I hadn't experienced it in a while. But the feeling was sort of nostalgic, not in a good way. Not like those good days. Feeling the hits from my father, knowing he had no sympathy for me as he hit my mother in front of me. Allow myself to accept that I'm never getting out. Just don't, fight it, my mom would say. Just drown your feelings and pain.

My head was thinking about things, hearing nothing but a noise in my head, it was kind of blurry. But quickly coming back to reality as I felt myself shaking while I sat down on that cold floor, remembering that he stood infront of me.

I looked up, my mouth slightly open but my eyes hooded.
He leaned his head while he looked at me.
"What are you looking at" he said, tilting his head to the right.

I looked at him and then on the floor again, having this weird feeling. "Nothing."
I replied.  I didn't feel anything.

"You shouldn't have fought back," Tom said, leaning his head back again while taking a step back. Resting his arms to the side of his body. His grin on his lips fading.

I zoned out, looking at the floor. I slightly nodded my head, I knew better than to give him a reaction.

I swallowed the salive in my mouth, closing my lips as I blink. My restless arm laying on the floor as I now can feel it sting from the cut he has made against my throat. Touching the wound with my finger, seeing some fresh blood staining it.

I hear a noise from a phone, I look up while Tom picks up his telephone. It was his black silver-ish flip phone. He opened it with his right hand. Seeing him pressing on buttons, reading his face as his eyes goes side to side, reading some sort of message. He was slightly biting the inside of his lips.

He closes the phone in a slam, making my body flinch, he looks directly at me with widened eyes. Making me sense a bit of anger.

I slightly open my mouth and keep my body tense.

He quickly puts his phone down onto his pockets and leans down.

I move my head slightly as I close one of my eye, feeling his cold hand grab my wrist with a grunt. "Well let's fucking go." He growls as he pushes me up from the ground.

"Wait I-" I shut up, I think it was better to be quiet than to upset him even more.

He dragged me out from the cold room and we walk into an empty hallway. My legs slightly shaking while I followed him. He held my wrist tightly, making it hurt a bit. But I try to get closer just for him to loosen up, but he doesn't.

He drags me up some metal stairs, my mind confused as where I had been the latest hours.

He opened the door and I now realise that we're still in the same house, I had just been in the basement. He walks me through the house and we're now on the same floor as 'my room' was supposed to be. I glance around but everything was empty and quiet.

I place my hand on my neck, feeling it sting once again. He pushes me into some kind of music room. It had a sofa, a piano, a small bar with a music box. There was music playing, it wasn't loud at all, but I could hear it clearly. It was a very calm song with a light guitar and light drums. But that almost made everything more scary.

I quickly stumbled up as I looked behind me, Tom stood there, but he didn't look at me, rather at someone else. I looked back and saw who it was, it was Katie.

She sat on the bar stool, her arm laying on the counter with something on it. There was a spoon and some sort of liquid beside her. Her head was resting down on her arm and her mouth slightly open. She was unconscious.

I got worried as I start breathing heavily, I looked at Tom once again, but he didn't move a muscle. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Is she okay?" I said worried, I wanted to go up to her but I heard something from behind the bar. I looked what it was, and it was Bill. He walked out from behind the bar and held some sort of needle or shot. Making my heart pound.

He quickly ran to Katie, ready to push that needle against her thigh.

My mouth open in shock, my hands covering my mouth as my eyes widened.

I was going to run up and help when Tom roughly pushed me to the side, making me crash onto the sofa.

I looked at them as he roughly pushed bill to the side with a grunt.

Tom grabbed onto Katie's arm roughly squeezing it as he dragged her up. Making her head nod to the side. His eyebrows furrowed while his eyes looked ready to beat someone up.

"The fuck did you do, slut!" He spat in her face, shaking her unconscious body.

She had taken heroin.

***