Colorless canvas

***

"Don't worry" bill said, he sat behind Tom.

Tom sat up and started walking towards me. "That's what you're here for, right?" He nodded his head, waiting for me to give in.

I stared up at him. I looked around the room and then up at him again. "Okay." I replied. I would rather paint than get killed.

I slowly walked towards the empty canvas, it stood exactly as how we had left it.

I placed my hand on the wooden stool and sat down. I looked up carefully at the three of them.

Katie had placed herself down on the ground, leaning close to Tom as he sat on stool. Bill sat on the bed, so he stood behind them but able to see him perfectly.

Bill looked at Tom and then at me.

I looked at Tom, his eyes intense, dark and empty, like always.

I took a deep breath as I took the paintbrush in my hand, stroking it on the canvas. Looking at the light and dark colours I've splatted on. I really didn't know why he wanted me to paint like this, he could have anyone, especially with that kind of money.

I started to look at their faces more detailed, Katie had very light features yet sharp. Her lips were thin but full. Her eyes light but dark from the makeup. Her thick hair covered in bleached   Blonde colour. She wore so much to cover, it was kind of sad. I didn't see anything like a birthmark. She wore a lighter pink dress this time, long enough to cover just above her knees. I noticed some bruises, they weren't that noticeable but I still thought about it. It didn't shook me if Tom beat her, they had already made bruises on me.

I looked over at Tom in the middle. He slightly tilted his head up, his eyes were so dark, but i painted them a bit lighter. It felt better to pretend that he looked a bit sweeter.. his evil look was impossible to paint. I tried to make it as detailed as possible to make him satisfied. I didn't know how he would react if I did something he wouldn't like. Paintings like these can take hours, so I didn't want him to be mad over a well spent painting.

I stroked the brush against his 'skin'. I painted every single eyelash. And imagine a glimpse of light in his eyes, but I found nothing. I painted the shadows beneath his eyes, the shadows behind his neck and body. Everything was perfect.

Painting bill was fun, he had accessories I hadn't had time to paint before, he had this expression that was fun but also difficult to paint. His eyes were lighter but his makeup darker. Eyebrows dark but lips light. I painted every single light and shadow. Every stroke on their hair. I painted the fluff around bills collar of his jacket. Every shine from his necklaces. Made sure to not forget Tom. It was his painting.

I leaned back, looking at the painting and back at them. Tom tilted his head.

"It's not finished, this will take a few hours but.." I swallowed and looked at them. "I think I've got it." I said, turning the canvas around, Toms eyes widened as he started to stand up. He walked closer and took the canvas on one of his hand. "Outstanding." He smiled. "Yes" he murmured low. He smirked with his teeth peeking out.

He slowly put it back, letting go on the side of the canvas. "Continue on it." He murmured as he let go.
He walked towards Bill and Katie again. He grabbed onto Katie as she quickly stood up.
He looked at bill with a nod and Bill quickly sat up. What did he do to them, they were practically following him like dogs.

They all left the room, leaving me by myself. It was perfect. I could relax. Something about him being in the same room made me tense.

I sighed while I picked up the paint brush again. I had remembered everything so I could paint it like memory.
It took a while, I had lost myself in my own thoughts. My head started to feel heavy and I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I suddenly felt a wave of tiredness. My ears rang and I could feel a pound in my head.

I groaned while I felt the pain on my neck, the bruise that they had caused. That fucking needle.

I placed a hand onto my neck and leaned down with a groan. "Fuck.." I mumbled.

I could feel my body get heavy as I fell down onto the floor, my eyes hooding and closed them shut. My body shutting off in matter of seconds.

I slowly opened one eye, I realised that I had passed out for a while, I didn't know how long. My body was stiff so I couldn't move that easily. I heard footsteps coming closer to the room. Closing my eye a bit, pretending to still be out but enough to see what's going on.

I saw Tom walk into the room, he wasn't shocked to see me on the floor, it was like this wasn't the first time he had walked in here as I had passed out. He looked at my lifeless body while getting closer. He stood in front of me. He held onto some sort of towel. He leaned down and I closed my eye completely. He placed the towel on my head. "I know you can't handle this sort of pain." He said low. Watching me unconscious.

Why was he doing this. If I was passed out, why didn't he help me? Didn't he want me to paint for him.

He pressed the towel against my forehead, it was wet and cold, but it was nice. My head wasn't ringing anymore.

"I know what you can do." He whispered as he let go of the towel off my forehead.

***