Complete opposite

***

I placed my hand on my watch, securing it. I didn't want to loose it. The air was tense and I didn't really know what to say.

We all heard footsteps coming from the hallway, they were light but still harsh against the wooden floor. I looked over and saw a curvy woman coming closer. Her hair was long and blonde, her face was full of makeup with shimmery jewellery falling down her neck. She had on some sort of dress. "Tom? Are you coming?" She said, her voice was forcefully light. I could tell that it wasn't her natural voice.

She turned her head and quickly saw me. "Oh" she let out. "You must be the girl on the phone? Correct?" She asked me, walking closer.

"Yes, im Eselin." I smiled, trying to be polite in this awkward situation.

Her eyes were a heavy blue with pink tinted lips.

"Katie, go grab us some drinks." Tom told her.

I looked at him confused and he noticed.

"Will you?" He said in a slightly nicer tone.

"Right." She quickly turned around and walked to the kitchen. Her jewellery clicking from every step.

I cleared my throat, he didn't have to order her around like that. Pretending like she was their maid. Thinking he's better than everyone else.

"We should sit down and calm down." Bill said and looked at the sofa on the other side of the room. Since we were currently in the big living room.

"Sure" I replied and followed him towards the sofa. There were two sofas, turned to each others.

I sat down on the leathered sofa in front of bill who sat down on the other. Tom walked behind us and sat down besides bill.

"She's only eighteen, did you know that?" Bill laughed it off.

Tom looked at me, he shrugged his head and didn't say so much.

"Maybe this job isn't for me." I said, sitting straight. Feeling my hands touch the couch.
"I don't even have a lot of experience." I scoffed.

"No,no. Stay." Tom said, having one of his hand on the hand test, leaning down while looking at me.

I was going to reply but Katie walked in with a silver plate with 4 drinks on it.

She sat the silver plate in front of us.

"Thank you so much." I smiled and felt bad for her.

She didn't reply, she just sat down next to me on the other side of the couch.

Bill and Tom quickly grabbed a drink each. It was some sort of alcoholic drink. I wasn't used to drinking, at all.  "Is there alcohol in this?" I looked at Katie.

She smiled. "Yes, drink up." He replied, taking a sip from the glass.

I held the glass in my hand, I maybe embarrassed myself for how I behaved, but I didn't really know how to.
I took a sip and it tasted strong, I didn't like the taste of alcohol so I knew this wouldn't be for me. But I just drank it, to not be so dramatic.

I slightly coughed but continued to drink.

I saw bill and Tom quickly drinking up, leaving nothing but a drop left.

I looked at Katie, she was slower, only taking a few sips. She had thick false eyelashes, hiding her eyes. Her face was covered with makeup, making it hard to see her natural face. She wore a choker and a long sleeved light blue dress.

"You can paint today, right?" Tom said, having the empty glass in his hand.

"Ofcourse.." I replied, still unsure but I didn't have much to loose.

"You can go to the room right next to the hall, we'll be right there." Tom said, Pointing to the room that I saw before.

"Mhm" I nodded and stood up.

I placed the drink on the metal plate. "Thank you for the drink." I said to Katie while standing up. It was all a bit confusing, I couldn't really read them. But I did as he told me and walked out from the living room down the hallway. I could hear them talk while I saw the white slightly open door.

I pushed the wooden door and I could see the room. The room was pretty big, with a wall full of books. A piano, a big window and even an easel standing in the Corner of the room, with an empty white canvas sitting on it. The room had a big king sized bed sitting in the middle. The room was dark but still glorious.

I slowly walked in, admiring what I saw. The floor was covered with a dark red carpet and the ceiling a dark wooden colour. I was so fascinated.

I started to walk towards the panting stand. It looked completely new. The wood was fresh and no paint was sitting on it. There was a lot of different paint brushes, tools and paint sitting on shelves. I was surprised at all the expensive material.

I was lost in my own mind when I got disrupted by a loud thud.
It came from outside the room, at the hallway.
It was like someone had thrown something.

I was sitting on the stool and looked out the door, I couldn't see anyone but I heard voices.

"I have my fucking reasons, woman" I heard Toms voice echoing from a far, maybe the kitchen. But getting closer, making me only hear him.

But he got quiet once he was close enough.

I saw him walking outside the room. Holding Katie's arm. He pulled on her arm, pretty aggressive.

"Listen woman I don't want to hear another word." He said, low but still loud. He didn't even call her by her name. It made me freak.

He now looked inside and he saw me. He looked at Katie again and dragged her inside.
"Just let me..!" She struggled to speak.

***