The Curse Bearer

"Why believe in Dark Matter but not Dark Spirits? We can't see a Higgs Boson but we can see the effect it leave on the world

"Why believe in Dark Matter but not Dark Spirits? We can't see a Higgs Boson but we can see the effect it leave on the world... give it a chance!"

Name: Born as Riku she later changed her name to just Noroi

Age: 26

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Lesbian

Appearance: ^Above^

Personality: Most the time she does her best to be friendly, hold a conversation but it's clear she's faking her emotions. Not due to wanting to trick people, just more so the inability to relate to others

Profession: None

Likes: Naps, helping people rest, massages, saunas

Dislikes: Sea food, alcohol, smoking, statues, heights

Backstory: Call it magic, call it an untreated psychosis or whatever but for almost her life Riku has been able to see "Curses" as she puts them. "A horrible word or action placed on someone out of differing intent" is what she narrowed a "curse" down to.

So whether it be someone trying to actually curse them out for something they did, or words said to another that may be interpreted in the wrong way. They burden the lived of so many, often taking form as a foggy outline clinging to a person or a phrase constantly hovering over them.

The worst of all is a Death Curse though, the spirit of a human that failed to move onto the afterlife and has stuck to a person in the form of a curse. It can be as minor as some bad luck or as horrible as manifesting as a terminal illness.

Riku knows of Curses, knows about the suffering of others behind the veil of everyday life because she too is cursed. As a young girl she had a friend, a best friend, one she was bound to grow up and be close to, perhaps even marry.

Without this girl, her friend, her soul mate, she would've been alone and her friend knew that. Often she would taunt her about it, how screwed and lonely Riku would be without her.

Be it fate or a the indifferent cruelty of the universe her friend, her partner, suffered a simple fall when they were playing at her house. Kids fall all the time, even down the stairs. She was not so lucky, instead falling head first and crashing into the ground.

The girl only had small brief moments of consciousness before her end, all of which was filled with Riku. "She's going to be lonely." She thought to herself. "This dummy can't make friends outside of me." Crossed her mind. "I can't let her to be alone..."

The strongest, worst and greatest curse of all is love. As Riku stared at the lifeless body of her friend, her only friend, two hands covered her eyes making her freeze, feeling them wipe away the freely flowing tears.

"You aren't alone." Where the words she saw when she looked at herself in the mirror, the first curse she ever saw. The next was the form of her friend, twisted by Love and death, the Curse misinterpreting the selfless wish of a dying girl into something that would haunt Riku forever.

Other: She can help to remove the Curses from people although first she needs to figure out why it was placed on them. There is no simple blanket process to removing it, each curse is special.