Chapter 2

Mira got into the sitting room and got past it into the kitchen.

'' Hi mum'' Mira whistled smiling ''Good morning"she added in a sweet voice.

"Good morning to you too Mira, how was your night?" Josephina replied as her face formed a warm smile.

"Great as always, mum" Mira said you beaming even more widely.

Breakfast was already prepared and set on the little dining table and Josephina was rinsing dishes at the kitchen sink, just below the shelves.

"I can see breakfast is ready mum" Mira said sitting on one of the chairs facing her mum.

Josephina sensed her daughter's lateness and quickly left the half done dishes in the sink, rinsed and dried her hands and hurriedly came to the table.

She drew out one of the chairs and sat down directly opposite Mira and smiled. They held hands as they said a short prayer before digging into the bacon and eggs which Josephina had just prepared that morning.

They each had a glass of warm milk to go down with it. After About five minutes of eating, Mira glanced at her wrist watch.

"I am almost late mum, it's 8:50 and I'm supposed to be at school before 9:00am" Mira said grasping her bag from the table and running to the door.

"... But can't you at least get done with your breakfast "Josephina called in a worried but persuasive voice.

" I am afraid I can't mum. I can't risk going late to school on my first day" Mira replied back.

"Alright, be careful sweetie" Josephina called in a loud voice.

"Okay mum. I love you mum" Mira said unlocking the door and dashing out of the house in a hurry.

"I love you too baby" Josephina called after her with a smile.

Mira ran down the stairs of the front porch in two steps and retrieving a little bunch of keys from her bag, she unlocked the long chain that held her beautiful pink bicycle to the steel iron rods of the front porch stairs.

In a haste, she clambered unto it and sped away hurriedly.

Thank goodness, the traffic in New York that Monday morning wasn't that slow and she easily got away from it on her bicycle.

It was a twenty minutes walk from her home to the school and she hoped she could get there on time on her bicycle.

Her hair flew in all directions as she paddled away hurriedly. She was thankful, she had tied it in a ponytail because it would have gotten worse or even entered her eyes, if she had left it held down with a pin.

Mira was a very beautiful girl for she had taken the god looks of her parents,especially her mum, Josephina. Her green eyes which she had gotten from her father glistened in the already risen sun and her mini full pink glossy lips shivered as she paddled harder. She had light blonde hair which she had taken from her mother, including her clear and snowy skin.

Her mother, Josephina, had dark brown chocolate eyes and attractive thin lips. She had a very pointed and attractive nose which Mira had also luckily gotten from her. Josephina looked very young and was often mistaken as Mira's sister whenever they went on an outing or were seen together, for she looked way younger than her actual age.

Josephina had a very tight likeness to neatness which she taught Mira and the young girl had maintained till date.

Mira was eighteen years old but looked a little behind her age. She had lost her father about a year ago during the winter break.

Her father, Mr John Whiteley had been a very dutiful and dedicated soldier and had served in the state army at the countryside.

He had been whisked away to duty when there was a severe attack by a group of bandits who were terrorizing the countryside at that time. Mr John had died a very brave and fearless man because he had fought fervently to the very end but was unfortunately shot dead when everything seemed to be almost over.

It had been a very shocking and dreadful news to Mira and Josephina when they had heard it.

His corpse was returned two days after his death for a befitting funeral. Mr John was buried and his wife and daughter mourned ceaselessly for him, for weeks and months, but now all of it seemed almost hopefully forgotten.

A few weeks after his sorrowful funeral, Mira had received a scholarship grant from the state.

They had decided to send Mira, the only child and heir of Mr Whiteley, to Eagles Wings, one of New York's biggest school on a scholarship fund in honour of her father's bravery and sincere dedication in the military while he was alive.

The state had also sent a huge sum of money to Josephina and Mira for a comfortable accommodation and other basic necessities.

Mira and Josephina had also received funds from Mr John's life insurance company with which they had used to buy a house in New York very near to the school, where Mira was to be enrolled in.

When Mira received a letter of transfer from her old school's principal in Alaska to be assigned to the principal of her new school in New York, she knew, she  had to leave their farmilar home where almost all her live's memories had been built to build another in an entirely new and strange world but this time without their sweet father.

They were sad to leave but off they went.

Mira paddled harder as excitement and nervousness fought against each other inside her.
*******************

Hello guys!
Enjoying the story so far? You are still guessing right?... But don't worry I have a lot of wonders and discoveries to share with you.
See you all in the next chapter...

Don't forget to vote!!
Love you all...