Chapter 12

Hi guys!
This is a really long chapter. The longest I've written so far and I hope you enjoy it!
Love you all... 💝

***********

Mira got to school feeling happy and excited as the fancy paper bag dangled from her hand.

"Katya?" Mira called out as she sighted Katya beside one of the fountains in the school vast compound.

"Hi Mira!" Katya called back as she turned around and saw Mira. "What's up Mira? You look so excited. Tell me, what's the secret?" Katya asked grinning.

" Can't I look excited without a cause? Look around, it's a really sunny and lovely morning. Isn't it a  good cause to be happy about?" Mira asked back, grinning heartily.

" Yeah. It was just a joke" Katya laughed.

"What's that anyway. You decided to bring lunch today?" Katya asked quirking a brow at the fancy bag in Mira's grip.

"No. it's nothing actually" Mira said awkwardly hiding the paper bag behind her.

She felt a bit nervous telling Katya that she actually made the pancakes she had promised Steve the previous day and Katya herself seemed to have forgotten too, which Mira was inwardly grateful for.

"If you say so. Come on. Let's head to class" Katya smiled, gently gripping Mira's arm as they made their way to their classroom.

"Not long after they arrived, the bell rang loudly for the beginning of classes and lectures commenced.

A while later, Mira wrote something on a piece of paper and quietly passed it to Steve without the teacher's notice.

Steve sat more uprightly as he quirked a brow, casting her a questionable look.

Mira read his reaction and titled her head to her side as she gave him a 'check it out!'  look, with the words resting voiceless on her lips.

Steve paused for a while before opening the short note as he read it silently and inwardly.

'Hi steve! I got your strawberry cupcakes. I'm good at keeping promises, right?'

Steve looked up at Mira after reading it as she gently patted the fancy paper bag which sat beside her desk, and smiled to him.

"Steve tore out another piece of paper, wrote something on it and passed it to Mira. Luckily again, without the teacher's notice.

'Yes you are. Thanks a lot, Mira. Please meet me at the rooftop during lunch period.'

Mira looked up at Steve who smiled at her as he gave her a tiny wink before looking away.

Mira felt suddenly dehydrated as all the blood in her body seemed to rush to her head, leaving the rest of her body drained.

Had he just winked at her or was her brain now forming images of things she didn't see?

If he did, why did he do that?

Didn't he know that he looked so sexy and breathtaking when he did it and her breath wasn't an exception.

She could feel her heart hammering against her ribcage like a caged lion, struggling to be let free.

How and why did he have so much effect on her?

It was a mystery she was yet to unfold.

After what seemed like an eternity, Mira finally returned from her world of imaginative fantasy, back to mother earth.

She smiled, mentally capturing his handsome face before turning away.