Chapter 7

Mira's breath seized as her mind seemed to go in flames. Then suddenly his miraculous strong arm pulled her up until she stood erect.

She stared at his handsome face and their faces were almost touching. His hands were surprisingly still around her waist as he gazed deep into her large green eyes like though they were a transparent river.

When Mira had stood up, she hasn't seen him coming and he to hadn't seen her when she had risen and blocked his path. While he was coming, he had been busy on his phone and had mistakenly bumped into her.

"Hello!!" Katya called trying to get their attention, as she sat surprised at how they had bumped into each other.

Mira, whose cheeks were now blushed pink recovered from her daydream as his over-stayed arm found it's way from her waist.

"I am sorry I bumped into you. It was actually a mistake. I was busy on my phone and didn't know when I..."

"No, don't bother. I should be sorry and not you." Mira interrupted him.

"But..."

"Please there should be no buts. I understand it was a mistake and I take it as such" Mira interrupted him again with a tiny smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

She wasn't even the slightest bit annoyed. Instead, she was grateful for such a mistake. It had been heavenly having his arms around her. She could give anything away just to have such mistake occurring daily in her life.

... And hearing his voice, OMG! It was so heavenly. It was masculine but very delicious to hear which could melt the hardest of hearts it could find.

He stared at her for a while, then said, "Thanks anyway. It's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you too" Mira replied with a flashing smile as her neat and well structured white set of teeth shone.

"See you later" He said as he picked his empty lunch tray which had fallen to the ground, and walked away.

Mira breathed out in relieve as he left. She had been so nervous while talking to him but she was very grateful to herself for concealing it. She didn't think she had ever tried very hard to do anything in her entire life as she had tried to hide her timidness a while ago.

She looked down at Katya who was smirking suspiciously at her.

"I see you are very lucky on your first day to get so close to mysterious guy" Katya said.

"Who's MYSTERIOUS GUY?" Mira asked confused.

"Oh you don't know? He's the guy you just hugged a while ago. He is the most hottest guy in this school and has turned down dates from more than half of the girls in the school. Guess what?" Katya asked suddenly lowering the volume of her voice as she stared suspiciously around.

"I can't guess, so just tell me but firstly, I didn't hug him. It was a total accident and you were a witness to that." Mira corrected.

"Alright. He even turned down a date from Catherina in front of the whole school" Katya whispered smiling.

"... And who is this Catherina?" Mira asked.

"Oh Mira, don't you know who is Catherina?"

"No i don't and why should I? I just started this school today or am I expected to know every single person on my first day?" Mira asked with a frown.

"No i didn't mean that but it's just that Catherina is one of the hottest and most beautiful girl in the whole school and she is in our class, So I expected you to have noticed." Katya explained.

"No, i didn't notice. You know, I was kind of shy back then in the morning" Mira explained.

"... But I guess you did notice mysterious guy, didn't you? "Katya asked smiling.

" Yes I sort of noticed him. He was right beside me, so why shouldn't I?" Mira asked feeling defeated by Katya's jesting." I think we should head back to class now. The canteen is almost empty and we have got class in a few minutes." Mira said changing the subject as she checked the time on her cellphone.

" Alright " Katya muttered as she stood up, hung her bag and carried her almost empty lunch tray, as they walked to the counter. They dropped their trays on the counter and began walking away towards the large exit door.

While they were climbing up a short flight of stairs, Katya muttered suddenly, "Mira, I think you are sort of lucky"

"Lucky of what now, Katya?" Mira asked turning to face her.

"You know, bumping into mysterious guy and all that"

"I think you should stop with that now, Katya?" Mira fumed now bluntly annoyed.

"I'm sorry but what I wanted to say is that you were lucky that you weren't caught with mysterious guy in Catherina's presence" Katya corrected.

"What should I have been caught for? It was just an accident" Mira repeated.

"Catherina wouldn't had seen it as an accident, Mira. She would say you did it on purpose so you could try to get close to him." Katya replied.

"Why would she do that?"

"Catherina is a bully. She's literally the most dreaded bully in the whole school... And ever since she got rejected by mysterious guy, she's been so angry and full of herself. She always deals mercilessly with girls who try to get even the tiniest bit close to him" Katya said in a serious tone.

"What would she had seen Katya, like I have said repeatedly, it was a freaking accident." Mira retorted.

"Don't be nuts, Mira. Do you think I am a fool? I saw it all. His arms were around your waist and he held you for a while as he stared into your eyes. He even seemed lost when he stared at you. I saw it all" Katya grimaced with a chuckle.

"I understand his holding into me as preventing me from falling. So what's the big deal about that?" Mira asked nervously.

"Just like I said, if Catherina had been there? Oh my God! She would have exploded with jealousy. Even with her good looks and all that, she's still always jealous and she's very rich too. She comes from a very wealthy and influential family here in New York. They have tons and tons of money, and half a dozen of estates and companies all over the continent. So I think you should be careful of her. She could do a lot of things just with the swap of her fingers" Katya advised.

"Oh I see. Thanks a lot" Mira appreciated with a smile.

"Just wanted to give you a heads up" Katya said winking at Mira and they chucked together as they walked on, to their classroom.

**************************************

Hi everyone!

I think i am now diving a bit into the story but the drama isn't over yet. It hasn't even begun.

Stay alert for more updates. I update more often now.

See you in the next chapter...

Love you all...