APARTMENT- fall!

STALANA POV

STALANA POV

For safety reasons, Max had insisted that we stay with her for the night, providing us with a sense of security amidst the recent events. News of Dylan's death had spread, and after Maddie's return from the hospital, where she had received stitches for her wounds, she retreated to Max's room, consumed by grief. The weight of sadness hung in the air as she sat on the bed, hugging her knees and sobbing.

Feeling a mix of compassion and concern, I gently knocked on the door, my voice soft as I entered the room. Maddie lifted her head, hastily attempting to wipe her tear-stained face, trying to conceal her pain.

"Hey," I said softly, my heart aching for her. Maddie's eyes were bloodshot, her nose runny and red—she was visibly distraught.

"Why aren't you with the others?"

"I came to check up on you, Mads," I replied, moving closer to her on the bed. She sniffed, wiping her face with her sleeve.

"I'm fine, Stala," she murmured, her voice filled with a mixture of sorrow and denial.

"You're not," I insisted gently, my concern evident. "You don't have to hide the fact that you're hurt, Maddie. He was your best friend, and you cared about him deeply. I'm worried about you." Drawing closer, I reached out and gently cupped her face, using my thumb to wipe away the tears that stained her cheeks.

"I-it was my fault, Stalana," Maddie mustered through her tears, her voice trembling with guilt. "If I had gone with him and not let him be the hero, I could've helped fight off Ghostface, or at least he wouldn't have had to die alone. It's my fault..."

I shook my head vehemently, my heart breaking for Maddie. "No, no, it's not. None of this is your fault," I insisted, my voice filled with conviction. "You couldn't have controlled the actions of some sick bastard. You can't blame yourself."

Pulling her closer, I enveloped her in a comforting hug, allowing her to release her anguish against my shoulder. Her tears soaked through my shirt, but I didn't care.

"If I hadn't met or befriended any of you, he would still be alive. Everyone would still be alive," Maddie sobbed, her words heavy with sorrow. "I don't want anything to happen to you, Stal."