EVERYTHING COMES DOWN TO THE ORI- Gale?

MAX POV

MAX POV

I watched as Sadie wrapped her arms around Pani, providing much-needed comfort during this difficult time. They stood together, their bond evident in their shared grief. Meanwhile, I sat beside Maddie, who had been sobbing uncontrollably since the ambulance arrived. The weight of witnessing such a devastating loss had taken its toll on her, and my heart ached for her pain.

As I held Maddie's trembling hand, I understood the depth of her sorrow. She had witnessed the loss of two of the most important people in her life, and the weight of that loss was almost unbearable. I stayed by her side, offering silent support and letting her know she wasn't alone in her grief.

In the midst of our collective pain, the sound of commotion caught our attention. To our surprise, Ethan emerged, making his way towards the scene. A mixture of disbelief and anger filled the air as we saw Chad intercept him, slamming him against a nearby van.

"Where the hell were you?!" Chad's voice boomed with frustration and accusation.

Ethan stammered nervously, his voice trembling as he tried to explain, "I-I had econ?"

"Bullshit, man! You leave, and my friends almost get killed!" Chad's voice was filled with anger and betrayal as he confronted Ethan.

Ethan's curly brunette hair fell into his face as he pleaded, tears welling up in his eyes. "I had Econ, I swear! You can ask anyone in the class. There were a hundred students who can vouch for me being there."

I walked over to Chad and Ethan with my arms crossed, feeling a sense of responsibility to diffuse the escalating tension. "Chad, it's fine. Let him go," I asserted firmly. Chad reluctantly released his grip on Ethan, visibly frustrated but willing to heed my words.

Ethan looked at me with a mix of relief and remorse in his eyes. "Who?" he asked, his voice filled with a mixture of guilt and sorrow.

"Tara and Stalana," I sighed, the weight of their absence heavy in my heart. Ethan's gaze immediately shifted to Maddie, who stood nearby, her expression a complex mix of pain and anger.