KILLERS- killing

MADDIE POV

MADDIE POV

As the chaos unfolded, I watched in horror as Ethan forcefully pushed Max into the room, leaving me alone with Tara, who relentlessly pursued me. I sprinted desperately, my heart pounding in my chest, seeking any means of escape. The ladder loomed ahead, offering a glimmer of hope.

With adrenaline coursing through my veins, I scrambled up the ladder as quickly as I could, my fingers gripping the cold metal rungs. But just as I reached for safety, the sharp sound of a gunshot echoed through the air. Pain seared through my leg as Tara's bullet struck, causing my foot to slip, and I clung to the ladder with all my strength, tears streaming down my face.

"Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I cried out, my voice filled with anguish and desperation, as I struggled to maintain my grip. The weight of the situation pressed down on me, threatening to tear me away from safety and plunge me into the abyss below.

Tara's voice echoed from below, seething with rage and anguish. "This is what you get for taking Amber away from me!" she yelled, her words carrying a twisted sense of justification.

In a surge of emotion and frustration, I mustered every ounce of courage within me, defying my own fear. "Get over it! She's dead! You're fucking obsessed!" I screamed at Tara, my voice filled with defiance and pain.

The tension in the air escalated as Tara lunged at me, her knife poised to strike. I gasped, my heart pounding in my chest, desperately pleading for the violence to cease. "Stop!" I cried out, hoping to appeal to some flicker of reason within her.

Tara's response was chilling, a sinister chuckle escaping her lips. "You'll regret this!" she taunted, her voice laced with amusement and a twisted sense of satisfaction.

Summoning every ounce of strength I had left, I continued climbing up the ladder, finally reaching safety. I glanced back, seeing Tara dart in the opposite direction, disappearing from sight. My body trembled with pain as I limped through the floor, scanning my surroundings for any means of defense. And there, inexplicably, was an axe, a random but potentially life-saving tool. I seized it, determined to use whatever means necessary to protect myself.