LETS GET THIS PLAN GOING-- shit

SADIE POV

SADIE POV

As we walked towards the train, unease settled within Max, evident in her murmured words. "I have a bad feeling about this," she voiced their concerns.

Attempting to offer reassurance, I replied, "We'll be fine, hopefully." Despite my attempt at optimism, a lingering sense of worry persisted in the back of my mind.

Max, Maddie, Quinn, and I boarded the train, but it became apparent that Ethan, Anika, and Mindy were missing from our group. Concern etched across my face, I turned to the others, seeking answers. "Where's Anika and Mindy?" I asked, scanning their expressions for any signs of information.

Maddie, her arms crossed, responded with a hint of frustration. "They got pulled away from us," she explained, frustration evident in her voice.

In that moment, a notification on my phone caught my attention. It was a text message from Mindy. I quickly opened the conversation, hoping for some reassurance.

me: Minds, please tell me you're okay.

Mindy: I'm fine, T.

Mindy: But I'm stuck with Ethan and Anika.

me: How many more stops do you have?

Mindy: I have no clue.

As I read Mindy's response, a mixture of relief and concern washed over me. They were safe, but their whereabouts remained uncertain. Realizing the others were waiting for an update, I relayed the information. "It's okay. They're with Ethan. They'll meet us there," I reassured them, my voice filled with a mixture of hope and determination.

"Guys," Quinn's voice trembled, her eyes widening in alarm as she locked eyes with Ghostface. Without hesitation, Max acted as a shield, gently pushing both me and Maddie behind her, creating a barrier of protection.

The tension in the air was palpable as we held our breath, our hearts pounding in our chests. But to our immense relief, Ghostface turned away and exited the subway, disappearing from our immediate vicinity. A collective sigh of relief escaped our lips, and the train resumed its journey, carrying us away from that unsettling stop.